Panda3D 1.6 Game Engine Beginner's Guide
Want this title & more?
Subscribe to PacktLib
About This Book
- The first and only guide to building a finished game using Panda3D
- Learn about tasks that can be used to handle changes over time
- Respond to events like keyboard key presses, mouse clicks, and more
- Take advantage of Panda3D's built-in shaders and filters to decorate objects with gloss, glow, and bump effects
- Follow a step-by-step, tutorial-focused process that matches the development process of the game with plenty of screenshots and thoroughly explained code for easy pick up
Who This Book Is For
If you are an independent developer interested in creating your own video games or other 3D applications using Panda3D for personal or commercial distribution at minimal expense, this book is definitely for you. A basic understanding of general programming, such as familiarity with the concept of a variable, is necessary. Some familiarity with object-oriented programming and the Python language is expected, but not essential.
This book does not cover the creation of three dimensional models or similar art assets, nor does it cover the creation of two dimensional art assets or audio assets.