OpenSceneGraph 3.0: Beginner's Guide
Want this title & more?
Subscribe to PacktLib
About This Book
- Gain a comprehensive view of the structure and main functionalities of OpenSceneGraph
- An ideal introduction for developing applications using OpenSceneGraph
- Develop applications around the concepts of scene graphs and design patterns
- Extend your own scene elements from the base interfaces of OpenSceneGraph
- Packed with examples, this book explains each knowledge point in detail and makes you practice your knowledge for better understanding
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for software developers who are new to OpenSceneGraph and considering using it in their applications. It is assumed that you have basic knowledge of C++ before using this book, especially the standard template library (STL) constructs, of which OSG makes extensive use. Some familiarity with design patterns as implemented in C++ is also useful, but is not required.
You need to be familiar with OpenGL, the standard cross-platform low-level 3D graphics API. We'll meet some maths in the book—geometry and linear algebra—and familiarity with these topics will be great, but you don't need to be a maths whiz to use this book.