OpenGL 4.0 Shading Language Cookbook
Want this title & more?
Subscribe to PacktLib
About This Book
- A full set of recipes demonstrating simple and advanced techniques for producing high-quality, real-time 3D graphics using GLSL 4.0
- How to use the OpenGL Shading Language to implement lighting and shading techniques
- Use the new features of GLSL 4.0 including tessellation and geometry shaders
- How to use textures in GLSL as part of a wide variety of techniques from basic texture mapping to deferred shading
- Simple, easy-to-follow examples with GLSL source code, as well as a basic description of the theory behind each technique
Who This Book Is For
If you are an OpenGL programmer looking to use the modern features of GLSL 4.0 to create real-time, three-dimensional graphics, then this book is for you. Familiarity with OpenGL programming, along with the typical 3D coordinate systems, projections, and transformations is assumed. It can also be useful for experienced GLSL programmers who are looking to implement the techniques that are presented here.