Learning C# by Developing Games with Unity 3D Beginner's Guide
Want this title & more?
Subscribe to PacktLib
About This Book
- You've actually been creating scripts in your mind your whole life, you just didn't realize it. Apply this logical ability to write Unity C# scripts
- Learn how to use the two primary building blocks for writing scripts: the variable and the method. They're not mysterious or intimidating, just a simple form of substitution
- Learn about GameObjects and Component objects as well as the vital communication between these objects using Dot Syntax. It's easy, just like addressing a postal letter
- Stay logically organized by utilizing a State Machine for your code. Use the simple concept of a State to control your Unity project. You will definitely save time by knowing where your code is located
- With your new knowledge of coding, you will be able to look at Unity's Scripting Reference code examples with confidence
Who This Book Is For
This book is for the total beginner to any type of programming, focusing on the writing of C# code and scripts only. There are many parts that make up the Unity game engine. It is assumed that the reader already knows their way around Unity's user interface. The code editor used in this book is the MonoDevelop editor supplied by Unity.