GameMaker Game Programming with GML
Want this title & more?
Subscribe to PacktLib
About This Book
- Write and utilize scripts to help organize and speed up your game production workflow
- Display important user interface components such as score, health, and lives
- Play sound effects and music, and create particle effects to add some spice to your projects
- Learn how to script common game features: artificial intelligence, collision, reading input, and player feedback
- Build your own example match-three puzzle and platform games
Who This Book Is For
If you are a GameMaker: Studio developer, having little experience with writing scripts and are looking to expand that skill set, this is the book for you. It is assumed that you can already navigate GameMaker: Studio to some degree. Because this book focuses on the scripting and integration of scripts to aid in the production of a game, instead of game design, it would also be useful for you to have access (or have the ability) to create the visual and audio assets that are presented in the examples throughout this book.