Building your First Mobile Game using XNA 4.0
Want this title & more?
Subscribe to PacktLib
About This Book
- Building a 3D game for the Windows Phone 7 platform
- Drawing 2D and 3D graphics on Windows Phone.
- Using the rich capabilities of the Windows Phone platform.
- Creating a custom framework step by step that will act as a base for building (future) games.
- An engaging and hands on beginner’s guide to Windows Phone 7 3D game development using XNA 4.0.
Who This Book Is For
This book will cover the building of a 3D game for Windows Phone using XNA. We won’t explain the C# programming language itself, nor object-oriented programming.
We will however explain the aspects of game development thoroughly, so don’t worry if you have never written a 3D game. We will cover all the basics, included the much dreaded math. This is the right book for anyone, regardless of age and gender, if:
- You are interested in game development
- You want to start building games for Windows Phone
- You have some programming knowledge
In this book, we will first go over the technical topics, and end up building a 3D game for Windows Phone 7 together!