Bootstrap Site Blueprints
|Also available on:|
- Learn the inner workings of Bootstrap 3 and create web applications with ease
- Quickly customize your designs working directly with Bootstrap’s LESS files
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Started with Bootstrap
Chapter 2: Bootstrappin' Your Portfolio
Chapter 3: Bootstrappin' a WordPress Theme
Chapter 4: Bootstrappin' Business
Chapter 5: Bootstrappin' E-commerce
Chapter 6: Bootstrappin' a One-page Marketing Website
Appendix A: Optimizing Site Assets
Appendix B: Implementing Responsive Images
Appendix C: Adding Swipe to the Carousel
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up a custom Bootstrap project
- Customize and recompile Bootstrap’s LESS files
- Incorporate custom icon fonts
- Write your own LESS variables and mixins
- Translate a Bootstrap design into a WordPress theme
- Implement the PictureFill responsive images method
- Add touch swipe functionality to the Bootstrap carousel
Since its debut in August 2011, Twitter Bootstrap, now simply Bootstrap, has become by far the most popular framework for empowering and enhancing frontend web design. With Version 3, Bootstrap reaches an exciting new milestone, introducing a mobile-first responsive grid, new and powerful LESS mixins, and a lean code base optimized for modern browsers.
"Bootstrap Site Blueprints" is a hands-on guide to the inner workings of Bootstrap’s latest and greatest development milestone. In an easy-to-follow, step-by-step format, you’ll quickly get to know the ins and outs of Bootstrap while building a portfolio site, a WordPress theme, a business site, an e-commerce interface, and administration interface, and an upscale marketing site.
By the end of this book you will be a more adept and efficient designer.
A hands-on guide with projects based on fictitious, but common, application development briefs, which will illustrate practical ways of applying responsive web design with Bootstrap.
Who this book is for