How Pre-Orders Work
We usually put new titles up for sale from two months before publication. During this period, you can pre-order a title at a discounted price.
Charging your credit card for pre-orders
When you place your pre-order, we ask for your credit card details. As with all payments to Packt Publishing, these details are entered into the secure servers of our payment provider, WorldPay. They are not at any time held on our local servers. WorldPay record this transaction, but do not complete it, nor do they reserve any pre-authorized funds on your account. They set up what they call a “limited FuturePay agreement” which is your agreement for us to process a one-off payment for the agreed amount at a future date when the book ships. When the book you have pre-ordered is available for shipment, we notify WorldPay, and they process your credit card for the agreed amount. For eBook pre-orders, the link to download the eBook will be available when the book is published and the payment is received. We then send you a receipt in the same way we would for a regular order. You will also receive an e-mail directly from WorldPay.
Click here for more information about how Future Pay works.
Charging PayPal for pre-orders
When you pay for a pre-order with PayPal, payment is taken at the point of purchase rather than at the publication date.
You can view or cancel any pre-orders up to 48 hours before the title is released. Go into Your Account and cancel the order using the links provided.
If your order has already started the shipment process, we will do our best to stop it. However, if it is already on the way to you then when you receive it, you can contact us using the returns and refunds process
Returns and Refund Policy
We want you to be happy with your purchase from Packtpub.com. If the product you receive from us is not what you wanted, doesn't work, is unacceptably late, or you simply do not like it, we will happily refund or exchange it as explained below:
• We will not hassle you with returning print books to us. Simply contact us at email@example.com with your order number and details of the issues and our team will do the rest.
• You will have a choice of exchange, replacement, or refund of the problem items.
• If an exchange/replacement is not suitable for defective or order issues, we will refund you for the problem items and applicable shipping costs.
• If you ordered incorrectly we will refund you the item cost minus printing and shipping costs.
• If you simply do not like what you bought from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the issue.
• Once Customer Care confirms that you will be refunded, you should receive the refund within 7 working days.
• If you are only requesting a refund of one book from a multiple order, then we will refund you the appropriate single item shipping charge.
• Where the items were shipped under a free shipping offer, there will be no shipping costs to refund.
It's free to UK, US, Europe, Australia and selected Asian countries.
Our shipping offer
Shipments to the UK, US, Europe, Australia, Brunei, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Korea, Singapore, Thailand, China, Macau, and Taiwan are free.
There is a charge for shipping to all other countries, which is detailed in the following sections.
We print and ship our books from locations in the UK, US, Australia, Singapore, and India. The service and location we use depends on where you are.
- You pay for your book in US Dollars and we ship from the US
- We offer free delivery by UPS ground service, which takes 5 to 9 business days depending on your location
- When your order ships, we will email you a shipping confirmation
- You pay for your book in USD and we ship from the US
- The shipping charges are $11.90 per item
- Shipping takes 5 to 9 business days depending on your location
- You pay for your book in UK Pounds and we ship from the UK
- All shipments within UK are free
- Orders of up to 4 books are dispatched by Royal Mail – Economy
- Orders consisting of 5 or more books are dispatched by UPS
- Shipping takes 5 business days
- You pay for your book in Euros and we ship from the UK
- All shipments within Europe are free
- Orders of up to 4 books are dispatched by Royal Mail – Economy (Airmail)
- Orders consisting of 5 or more books are dispatched by UPS
- Shipping takes 9 to 12 business days, depending on your location
- Unfortunately, we are unable to ship to Russia at this time
Australia and New Zealand
- You pay for your book in AUD if based in Australia
- Orders from Australia and New Zealand ship from Australia
- All shipments within Australia are free, whereas the shipping charge for New Zealand is £8
- Shipping to Australia takes 3 to 5 business days for the Victoria and New South Wales metropolitan areas, and up to 10 business days for remote areas of Western Australia, Northern Territory, and Queensland
- Shipping to New Zealand takes 6 to 12 business days, depending on location.
Asia (selected countries)
Includes the following countries:
Brunei, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Macau, Taiwan, and China
- Delivery to most Asian countries (Japan, China, Indonesia, South Korea, Thailand, Hong Kong, Taiwan, the Philippines, and Malaysia) takes 7 to 10 business days
- Delivery to Singapore takes 5 to 8 business days
- You pay for your book in UK Pounds and we ship from Singapore
- Orders are dispatched by courier
- Shipping takes 8 to 10 days depending on your location
- We are unfortunately unable to ship to the following countries: Cambodia, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Myanmar, and North Korea
Rest of the World
- For all countries not covered by any of the previous listings, we usually ship by Royal Mail
- We charge you a flat rate of 8 British Pounds per item freight, except India – the Indian shipping charge is 525 Indian Rupees
- Delivery to India takes approximately 25 days
- Packages are not trackable; if your order has not arrived after 14 days from despatch, please contact us
- We are unfortunately unable to ship to the following countries: Cuba, Iran, Iraq, and Syria
Any questions about ordering? Contact email@example.com