- Get to know the difference between ETL and ELT
- Find out how to make the best use of ODI objects such as joins, datasets, filters, and sequences
- Build workflows based on packages to execute a process
- Define your strategy with Knowledge Modules and adapt these module to your needs
- Create reusable pluggable procedures for recurring tasks
- Perform your daily tasks such as administration, maintenance, and deployment easily
- Understand how the architecture of ODI can be set up and how and where ODI stores its metadata
- Comprehend the use of scenarios as the smallest deployments units in ODI
- Discover how solutions are used to resolve dependencies between different ODI objects
Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) is Oracle’s strategic tool covering all your data integration requirements. ODI lets you write custom code easily, extract data from source files, transform data in a staging area, and load this data to your target database. So, if you are a database administrator with an aim to effectively use ODI as a powerful tool for data integration solutions, it’s time you started making the most of it.
Style and Approach
This video course will show you how to use ODI for your data transformation and integration projects. It will also provide you with valuable input on which methods to use for various ODI objects according to the situation, with examples based on real-life requirements.
Covering all the key ODI concepts, this video course shows you how to make the best use of ODI’s declarative approach to define your strategy with Knowledge Modules.
First, you are made familiar with the basics of ETL processes and then learn how to use of ODI development objects with the help of practical examples. You then move on to get an understanding of ODI’s transformation vehicles and its interface, followed by how ODI packages can be used to develop more workflow-based data integration tasks. Next we show you how reusable objects can be customized by using variables to suit your needs. The following sections broaden your understanding of topologies, scenarios, load plans, and data integration solutions.
By the end of the course, you will have enough knowledge of ODI, development, deployment, and maintenance techniques to give you the confidence to develop your own data integration projects.
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
A practical guide bursting with tips and real-world best practices to get you on your way with Oracle Data Integrator and help you make the most of this tool.