Axure RP Prototyping Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- Create sophisticated prototypes incorporating Axure with the latest web trends and technologies, such as Responsive Web Design, Ajax, PHP, mySQL, and jQuery Mobile
- Customize prototypes with Social Media Badges from Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest; logos from Apple iTunes and Google Play; Google Maps Geolocation features, and more
- Enhance individual and team productivity with reusable asset libraries and documentation customized for your organization and clients
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 300 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : January 2014
ISBN : 1849697981
ISBN 13 : 9781849697989
Author(s) : John Henry Krahenbuhl
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Web Development, Cookbooks
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Prototyping Recipes
Chapter 2: Enhanced Prototyping Recipes
Chapter 3: Specifications
Chapter 4: Wireframes and Design
Chapter 5: E-commerce Solutions
Chapter 6: Using Axure in Teams
Chapter 7: Adaptive and Responsive Web Design with Axure
Chapter 8: Prototyping for Mobile
Chapter 9: Miscellaneous Explorations
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Prototyping using the latest adaptive and responsive web design techniques with Axure
- Build mobile prototypes for iOS, Android, and Windows devices using Axure and jQuery Mobile
- Add social media badges for customer-specific Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest accounts
- Connect to Google Play and Apple iTunes Stores using the official Google Play and Apple iTunes APIs
- Animate paper prototypes with Axure
- Incorporate inline frames with external HTML and CSS
- Use YouTube and Vimeo in your prototypes
- Work with Open Source Fly Out Zoom for product visualization
- Add Google Photo Spheres to prototypes
- Leverage Google Maps and Geolocation with Axure
- Send data to Salesforce from your prototype
- Create reusable custom Masters and libraries
- Maximize productivity with AxShare and Axure in team environments
Axure has quickly become one of the leading tools for rapid prototyping in use today. Driving Axure’s popularity and wide spread adoption is the ability to iteratively develop interactive HTML prototypes of websites and applications. With the AxShare cloud-based service, prototypes are easily shared amongst clients and team members. Prototypes can even be viewed on Android, iPhone, and iPad, appearing like a native application.
This guide provides fast, practical, step-by-step recipes to create your own custom prototypes for mobile and desktop. You can now easily create your mobile-first designs as well as responsive and adaptive web design interactions. Using real-world examples developed from today’s hottest technological trends, you can take your skills to the next level!
This book takes you through the latest methods to create Adaptive Web Layouts (AWD) with Axure RP 7 Pro, and create widgets for Responsive Web Layouts (RWD). Prototyping for mobiles will now be easier as you will be able to include jQuery Mobile into your Axure Prototypes. You will learn to connect to Social Media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest and create ecommerce order checkout flows to make your prototypes come to life. With this book and Axure RP Pro, you will witness increased productivity in your team by leveraging Axure Team Projects.
Finally, you will be able to setup Android and iPad/iPhone emulators to quickly view your prototypes and run them native on Android, iOS and Windows 8.1 devices. By applying the recipes in "Axure RP Prototyping Cookbook", your prototypes on your iPhone, iPad, Android device, or browser will have never looked better!
This highly practical cookbook is comprised of easy-to-follow, step-by-step recipes to improve your efficiency and take your Axure skills to the next level of expertise.
Who this book is for
If you are a designer, information architect, business analyst or user experience professional who wants to gain advanced prototyping skills with Axure, this book will be ideal for you. Some experience with prototyping is preferred.