WiX: A Developer's Guide to Windows Installer XML
Want this title & more?
Subscribe to PacktLib
About This Book
- Package your software into a single-file, double-click MSI for easy installation
- Read and write to the Windows Registry and create, start, and stop Windows Services during installation
- Write .NET code that performs specific tasks during installation via custom actions
- Learn how the WiX command-line tools work to build and link your project
- Become proficient with to-the-point examples and real-world advice
Who This Book Is For
If you are a developer and want to create installers for software targeting the Windows platform, then this book is for you. You'll be using a lot of XML so that you get accustomed to the basics of writing well-formed documents, using XML namespaces and the dos and don'ts of structuring elements and attributes. You should know your way around Visual Studio, at least enough to compile projects, add project references, and tweak project properties. No prior knowledge of Windows Installer or WiX is assumed.