Visual SourceSafe 2005 Software Configuration Management in Practice
Want this title & more?
Subscribe to PacktLib
About This Book
- SCM fundamentals and strategies clearly explained
- Real-world SOA example: a hotel reservation system
- SourceSafe best practices across the complete lifecycle
- Multiple versions, service packs and product updates.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for .NET developers, testers and configuration managers who:
- Use Visual Studio .NET 2005 for building software
- Want to use software configuration to manage their products in day-to-day activities
- Want to improve their efficiency by learning to use the best practices with SourceSafe
- Want to install, manage, and configure Visual SourceSafe 2005 for optimal operation
The book does not assume previous knowledge of Software Configuration Management or Visual SourceSafe. It takes the reader from the ground up and is a great resource for people starting to learn about this subject. Readers with previous SourceSafe experience will benefit by discovering the improved and new features in Visual SourceSafe 2005.