OSGi and Apache Felix 3.0 Beginner's Guide
Want this title & more?
Subscribe to PacktLib
About This Book
- Build a completely operational real-life application composed of multiple bundles and a web front end using Felix
- Get yourself acquainted with the OSGi concepts, in an easy-to-follow progressive manner
- Learn everything needed about the Felix Framework and get familiar with Gogo, its command-line shell to start developing your OSGi applications
- Simplify your OSGi development experience by learning about Felix iPOJO
- A relentlessly practical beginner's guide that will walk you through making real-life OSGi applications while showing you the development tools (Maven, Eclipse, and so on) that will make the journey more enjoyable
Who This Book Is For
This book is aimed at Java developers looking to learn about writing reusable and network distributable software following the OSGi standards using the famous Felix framework. If you are a developer who wants to focus on the business logic, and abstract away from the details of how to integrate with specific systems then this book is meant for you.
If you are a Java developer new to OSGi and don't really know where to start from to actually begin developing applications, just pick up this book and discover the ease with which you can start developing powerful, modular, and extensible applications. This book uses the Felix framework 3.0 as an OSGi service platform implementation and covers its usage to a level where it makes you comfortable enough to write your own enterprise-level applications.