Oracle 11g Streams Implementer's Guide
Want this title & more?
Subscribe to PacktLib
About This Book
- Implement Oracle Streams to manage and coordinate the resources, information, and functions of a distributed system
- Get to grips with in-depth explanations of the components that make up Oracle Streams, and how they work together
- Learn design considerations that help identify and avoid Oracle Streams obstacles – before you get caught in them
- Covers implementation steps with explanations of 'why' as well as 'how'
Who This Book Is For
This book is for users who have implemented, or are about to implement, a distributed database environment using Oracle Streams replication. The reader is expected to have an intermediate understanding of Oracle database technology.
This book is mainly intended for use by:
- Oracle Database Administrators responsible for the implementation and maintenance of an Oracle Streamed environment
- System and Database Architects responsible for the design of distributed database environments using Oracle Streams
Readers with limited knowledge of basic Oracle database technology can benefit from Chapters 1 and 2, which cover Oracle Streams Components and Design Considerations.