- Master the components required to set up and configure Dynamics AX 2009 in your business and effectively manage your business data
- Understand the current hardware, software, and network infrastructure in which you will be implementing Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Maximize the stability and performance of your Dynamics AX environment
- Fully understand the base Dynamics AX 2009 components and their features to get your Dynamics AX environment up and running effectively
- Implement the Enterprise Portal, a web-based solution to access data from Dynamics AX and perform many functions such as Purchase Requisitions, Sales Orders, Customer lookups, and CRM
- Understand how to set up and configure the business intelligence and advanced reporting capabilities of your data by using the Role Centers in Dynamics AX
- Enhance the security of multiple services by ensuring that the Kerberos Authentication protocol is implemented in your Dynamics AX environment
- Learn the process of setting up and configuring workflow to fit the needs of a company that requires various workflow capabilities
- Discover how to use the Application Integration Framework to exchange data either synchronously or asynchronously between one system and another
- Manage, migrate, and convert your data in Dynamics AX
- Get a hold of the common user administration functions that are built into Dynamics AX, including setting up domains and importing users, permissions, profiles and company accounts
- Make critical, timely business decisions by fully understanding the Alerts and Notifications features that notify you when specific criteria have been met with your data
- Tweak and enhance Dynamics AX and its components for optimal performance
- Learn how to maintain the data integrity of Dynamics AX data and develop backup and recovery processes
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 is an advanced Enterprise Resource Planning system, essentially a comprehensive business management solution, designed for midsize and large organizations. Dynamics AX provides a centralized source for business data and enables you to consolidate and standardize your business processes, helping to improve productivity and provide visibility across your organization, for a variety of business needs.
This book will enable you to successfully set up and configure Dynamics AX 2009 in your business with clear, practical, step-by-step demonstrations. You will learn how to plan and implement Dynamics AX 2009 efficiently, how to manage the Enterprise Portal, Role Centers, Kerberos Authentication, Workflow, Application Integration Framework (AIF), and much more!
Each chapter of the book explores the different aspects of administring and configuring Dynamics AX 2009 to fit any company's needs.
The book begins by introducing you to the important process of planning and implementing Dynamics AX 2009, providing the basic components to get you started with your Dynamics AX environment.
It then dives deep into the installation of the multi component server of Dynamics AX and how to get it up and running efficiently, specifically the Base Server Components, Enterprise Portal, Role Centers, Kerberos Authentication, Workflow, and the Application Integration Framework (AIF).
Other content includes the process of importing data into your Dynamics AX 2009 instance, common user administration functions, and Alerts and Notifications.
Finally, the book considers how to enhance your Dynamics AX environment after it has been installed and it is being utilized, from tuning your system to work more efficiently to backing up and maintaining Dynamics AX to make sure you are prepared for worst-case scenarios, enabling you to keep Dynamics AX 2009 functioning at its best.
By following the clear and practical steps found in the book, you will successfully master how to administer and configure Dynamics AX 2009 into your company.
- Effectively consolidate and standardize processes across your organization with a centralized source for a variety of business needs
- Discover how to effectively plan and implement Dynamics AX 2009 in your business and fully grasp the necessary hardware, network, and software requirements to do so
- Understand the varied components that make up your Dynamics AX environment, including the role of base server components, how to implement the Enterprise Portal and Role Centers for web browser access to Dynamics AX, and the various workflow capabilities required to fit the needs of your company
- Get to grips with Dynamics AX data components and understand when and how to exchange data synchronously or asynchronously and migrate data
- Includes carefully organized instructions along with screenshots that clearly display how to administer and configure your Dynamics AX environment with ease