Boost.Asio C++ Network Programming
Want this title & more?
Subscribe to PacktLib
About This Book
- Augment your C++ network programming using Boost.Asio
- Discover how Boost.Asio handles synchronous and asynchronous programming models
- Practical examples of client/server applications
- Learn how to deal with threading when writing network applications
- Harness the power of Boost with plenty of examples that you can build upon
Who This Book Is For
This book is great for developers that need to do network programming, who don’t want to delve into the complicated issues of a raw networking API. You should be familiar with core Boost concepts, such as smart pointers and shared_from_this, resource classes (noncopyable), functors and boost::bind, boost mutexes, and the boost date/time library. Readers should also be familiar with “blocking” versus “non-blocking” operations.