ZURB Foundation Blueprints
|Also available on:|
- Explore the power of Compass and Sass when combined with ZURB Foundation
- Master the ins and outs of responsive web design by going step-by-step from prototype to completed design with the help of practical examples
- Written in an upbeat, conversational style explaining not only what to do, but why design decisions were made
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 295 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : July 2014
ISBN : 1849696721
ISBN 13 : 9781849696722
Author(s) : James Michael Stone
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Other
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn about fully responsive web design and development
- Integrate Sass and Compass integration with ZURB Foundation
- Discover advanced features such as Clearing, Joyride, Section, and others
- Use the Grid, Push/Pull, and Visibility classes
- Develop style foundation sites quickly using Sass/SCSS
- Create modern websites that look and work great on mobile as well as desktop
- Build a fully responsive WordPress theme
- Sell products and apps while staying fully responsive
- Create beautiful image galleries that are touch-enabled automatically
Responsive design is the future of web design allowing you to have great UX across a variety of devices, screens, and resolutions. Foundation is a best-in-class web framework that allows rapid prototyping to quickly create production-ready sites. Using the power of Compass and Sass, Foundation gives you full creative control while allowing for extreme front end optimization along with quick customization and modification of the framework.
This book will teach you everything you need to know about responsive design and modern UX by showing you how to build some great websites that use the Foundation framework. Starting with simple responsive sites, you will learn how to create interactivity and even build a WordPress theme. You will learn about responsive design by building a responsive resume so your recruiter can hire you right from their cell phone. In your next project, you will create an awesome site for your next open source project.
How about building an automatically touch-enabled gallery site for an artist? This book will show you exactly how to do that. Furthermore, you will learn how to share news with a jQuery enabled aggregator, build a dashboard for your business, market and sell your digital wares using Gumroad or Paypal, and build a landing page for your next app. Better yet, you will learn how to build your next app using Foundation using mobile app look-a-like techniques.
Going beyond the official documentation, you will also see how ZURB Foundation components work together to build an entire site.
Written in an upbeat, conversational style, this practical guide will take you step-by-step from prototype to completed design. All sites are built as static pages, but some may require access to the Internet.
Who this book is for