Instant Zurb Foundation 4 [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Construct responsive and mobile-ready web pages without worrying about browser-related issues. Just code once and it will be compatible with all browsers and display sizes
- Learn to use Foundation 4 features with actual code examples and ample screenshots
- Create amazing effects using CSS classes and HTML5 features
- First learn to design for mobiles and then for desktops, without additional effort
Table of ContentsInstant Foundation 4
- Instant Foundation 4
- So, what is Foundation 4?
- Step 1 – what do I need?
- Step 2 – downloading Foundation
- Step 3 – setting up a minimum template
- And that's it
- Quick start – using Foundation 4 components for your first site
- Step 1 – using the Grid
- Step 2 – the navigation bar
- Step 3 - the buttons
- Top 6 features you need to know about
- Online store: navigation bar and sections
- The home page (shop_index.html)
- The contact page (contact.html)
- The store (shop.html)
- The blog (blog.html)
- The admin page (admin.html)
- People and places you should get to know
- Official websites
- Articles and tutorials
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Handle the flexible grid structure of Foundation 4
- Create navigation bars, including dropdown menus, with few a lines of HTML and CSS code
- Divide your page into tab sections using only CSS classes
- Show and hide elements on mobile, as well as desktop views
- Write just once for all browsers and display sizes
Creating web pages that are displayed correctly on mobile devices seems to be the way forward in the web development world. Web traffic originating from mobile devices is greater than from desktops. In order to reach a wider range of users, companies must prioritize the development of web pages that are mobile browser- friendly.
A practical hands-on guide with plenty of examples to show the power and simplicity of the framework’s features. It is easy to create different grid arrangements for your site, as well as produce menu bars with little effort. You will learn to show and hide elements on mobile or desktop views. Write once and the code will be compatible for all browsers and display sizes.
The book walks you step-by-step from downloading and installing Foundation 4 to building a responsive website in a few hours. You can build websites based on flexible grid structure, include some basic elements (images, panels, buttons, text, bars, alerts, and so on) in it and assign complex behaviors to them. Goodies such as progress bars, navigation menus, image sliders, tooltips, dropdown menus, and many others can be created with a few lines of HTML and CSS. This helpful guide will enable you to build responsive websites that display properly on all desktop or mobile browsers.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. A quick and easy guide that follows a practical approach to rapidly create responsive web pages using Foundation 4 framework, following the mobile-first philosophy.
Who this book is for