Instant Zend Framework 2.0
|Also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Discover how to get the skeleton application
- Configure the skeleton application to use Zend Framework 2
- Understand how to validate forms, and upload files using Zend Framework 2
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 52 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : August 2013
ISBN : 178216412X
ISBN 13 : 9781782164128
Author(s) : A N M Mahabubul Hasan
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Enterprise Products and Platforms, Instant, Open Source
Table of ContentsInstant Zend Framework 2.0
- Instant Zend Framework 2.0
- So, what is Zend Framework?
- Step 1 – downloading Zend Framework
- Step 2 – unzipping the skeleton application
- Step 3 – knowing the directories
- Step 4 – welcome to Zend Framework 2
- And that’s it
- Quick start – creating your first web application
- Step 1 – creating a module
- Step 2 – creating a controller
- Step 3 – configuring a controller
- Step 4 – creating a view
- Step 5 – configuring a database
- Step 6 – creating a model
- Step 7 – project in the big picture
- Top 5 features you need to know about
- Input filter and validation
- View helper
- Zend Log
- Zend EventManager
- Uploading a file
- People and places you should get to know
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand how to download and configure a skeleton application
- Create a module
- Add a controller, model, and view
- Explore the basics of configuring databases
- Validate forms
- Upload files
- Get to grips with aspect-oriented programming using EventManager
- Explore the logging application using Zend Log
Zend Framework 2 is a modern object-oriented PHP framework. It has lots of useful components, which are easy to use and user friendly, helping you get your job done faster. This book shows you how to use the framework components to build a practical MVC application. Topics covered in this application include validation, file upload, database CRUD (create, read, update, and delete) operations, and so on.
Instant Zend Framework 2.0 has been specifically created to provide you with all the information that you need to get up with Zend Framework 2 applications. You will learn the basic of Zend Framework 2.0, and get started with building your first Zend Framework MVC application. The book promises to deliver all the information you need to get started with Zend Framework 2.0.
Instant Zend Framework 2.0 starts with how to download Zend Framework 2.0 and the skeleton application, and then shows how to configure the skeleton application to use the Zend Framework 2.0. Then it takes you through step-by-step instructions of how to create and configure modules, controllers, views, models, helpers and so on. By following the instructions in the book, you will be able to build a small fully functional database-driven MVC application.
You will also learn how to use different framework components like the event manager, Zend log, and how to configure them with the module. This will give you an idea of how to configure any component with the module. After finishing this book you will be able to build a small database-driven web application with Zend Framework 2.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. This book is fast-paced, practical guide that will provide step-by-step instructions for building a practical database-driven MVC application using Zend Framework 2.
Who this book is for
This book is for developers who possess entry level knowledge or who have no prior experience with Zend Framework. An understanding of object-oriented programming is important and experience with namespaces will be required.