Zabbix Network Monitoring Essentials [Video]
Packt Video. Stream online or download for unrestricted offline use. Learn more
- New! Packt Video courses: practical screencast-based tutorials that show you how to get the job done. Bite sized chunks, hands on instructions, and powerful results.
- Get a fast-paced tour through the essential parts of Zabbix
- Set up your own monitoring system so Zabbix can inform you if your IT infrastructure starts misbehaving
- Learn to make practical use of features you won’t find in the documentation
- Look over the shoulder of an experienced system administrator and see how to use Zabbix in your daily business
Video DetailsLanguage : English
Release Date : Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Course Length : 2 hours 33 minutes
ISBN : 1782165509
ISBN 13 : 9781782165507
Author(s) : Christoph Haas
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Networking and Servers, Video, e-Learning, Open Source
Table of Contents
- Quick Start [14:23 minutes]
- Installing the Zabbix Software Appliance
- Brief Tour through the Web Interface
- Exploring the Dashboard
- Zabbix Server Installation [13:53 minutes]
- Software Components
- Zabbix Server Installation
- Web Interface Preparation
- Getting Your First Notification [19:22 minutes]
- Installing the Zabbix Agent on the Server
- Adding an Item
- Adding a Trigger
- Adding an Action to Send an E-mail
- Hosts and Templates [21:09 minutes]
- Automatic Host Discovery
- Maintenance Periods
- Items [28:31 minutes]
- Item Parameters Explained
- Filtering Items
- Item History and Ad hoc Graphs
- Adding Items Using UserParameters
- Automatic Item Discovery
- User Macros
- Triggers, Actions, and Media [26:13 minutes]
- Trigger Dependencies
- Remote Commands
- Escalations and Acknowledgments
- Media Types
- Users, Screens, and Maps [29:55 minutes]
- User Management
- User Access Permissions
- Displaying Data in Maps
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this video.
Support, complaints and feedback.
Packt is committed to making Packt Video courses a valuable, useful way for IT professionals to learn new skills. We have made every effort to ensure that this course reaches the required standard and will work on our customer's devices. Please go to our support page.
What you will learn from this video course
- Install and configure your own Zabbix server with the required database and web frontend
- Quick start by setting up an item, a trigger, and an action to get a minimal working setup
- Automatically monitor servers in your network by managing hosts and using automatic host discovery
- Add items to hosts for gathering information about the servers' states. Use templates to avoid repetitive tasks
- Learn how to zoom and pan data in the interactive graph viewer by accessing the history of monitored items
- Add personalized items by creating user parameters if Zabbix lacks the required functionality
- Manage triggers to identify a problem in your infrastructure. Add trigger dependencies to avoid redundant alerts
- Set up specific actions to provide alerts to the required contacts or automatically try to fix the issue
- Manage users and user groups to assign fine-grained control to the people that use and manage your Zabbix installation
- Set up screens and maps to visualize the state of your network and keep track of complex infrastructures
Who this video course is for
If you're a professional system and network administrator who is responsible for the reliable operation of an IT network then this video course is for you. All you need to know is how to manage Linux systems and network services. Additional use of scripting languages such as Python, Perl, or Ruby can extend Zabbix's functionality for monitoring your own custom services.
Isn't it embarrassing when your customers complain about your IT infrastructure? A well-managed Zabbix server informs you about any problems before they lead to noticeable outages. You can rely on Zabbix to inform the right contact about getting the issue fixed.
"Zabbix Network Monitoring Essentials" is an extensive video course that gives a complete introduction into the key features of the enterprise-grade Zabbix monitoring software. Learn how to set up your own monitoring server and leverage many useful features that are hidden in the documentation. The course starts by showing you a fresh installation of the Zabbix server. All relevant functionality will be explained step by step while going through the web interface.
First you'll learn how to gather information from your servers by using the Zabbix agent. You'll then make use of triggers to define which conditions depict actual problems and should raise an alert. Additionally you'll learn how to visualize the items and triggers in screens and maps.
By the end of the course you will have set up and learnt to manage a Zabbix server like a pro.
Packt video courses are designed to cover the breadth of the topic in short, hands-on, task-based videos. Each course is divided into short manageable sections, so you can watch the whole thing or jump to the bit you need. The focus is on practical instructions and screencasts showing you how to get the job done.
A practical video course with step-by-step instructions and an example-driven approach for setting up and monitoring your network using Zabbix.