Yii Project Blueprints
|Also available on:|
- Develop real-world web applications through easy-to-follow, step-by-step processes
- Create eight projects from beginning to end to help you explore the full power of Yii
- Build a fast, user-based, database-driven content management system with a dashboard and RESTful API
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 345 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : September 2014
ISBN : 178328773X
ISBN 13 : 9781783287734
Author(s) : Charles R. Portwood II
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Web Development, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Organize and structure your projects from start to finish
- Create applications from scratch, and use Gii to create models
- Use Yii database migrations to create database agnostic applications and to version and manage your database changes
- Create secure multi-user role-based applications that use Bcrypt password hashing
- Integrate with third-party libraries using Composer
- Develop console applications that seamlessly integrate with your applications
- Utilize SendGrid to send and receive email within your application
- Develop a reusable RESTful JSON API that will work with modern web applications and mobile devices
Yii Framework is a high-performance, fast, open source rapid development PHP framework that can be used to develop modern web applications. Yii Framework provides the toolkit for developing both personal projects and enterprise applications. Yii's component-based architecture lets developers build modules so that they aren't customizing the underlying code base, and so that anything they build is easy to use in different projects.
This book is a step-by-step guide to develop reusable real-world applications using Yii Framework. Yii Project Blueprints will guide you through several projects from project conception through to planning your project and finally implementing it. You will explore the key features of Yii Framework and learn how to use it efficiently and effectively to build solid core applications that you’ll be able to reuse in real-world projects. At the end of each project you’ll have a better understanding of Yii Framework and will have a working application that you can use in the future.
In this book, you’ll discover detailed guides on how to integrate with popular APIs like the Google Places API, SendGrid, and multiple social networks. You’ll also learn to integrate with applications and services like Composer to create fully reusable, database-agnostic modern web applications.
In this book, you will create practical, real-world projects. You will start with a small project, and work your way up to developing more complex applications, beginning with the conception and planning, and ending with fully implemented projects.
Who this book is for