Instant Yii 1.1 Application Development Starter [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Set up your development environment and plan your application
- Use Yii's automatic code generators to scaffold routes, forms, and list views
- Learn about some of the most popular extensions that add functionality to your application
Table of ContentsInstant Yii 1.1 Application Development Starter
- Instant Yii 1.1 Application Development Starter
- So, what is Yii?
- Server requirements
- Step 1 – Setting up Yii
- Step 2 – Creating your project
- And that's it!!
- Quick start – creating an application
- Step 1 – planning the workflow
- Step 2 – linking to the database from your app
- Step 3 – generating code automatically
- The console way
- Step 4 – looking at the components of Yii
- User authentication
- Top 5 features you need to know about
- Basic security considerations
- Form components – CHtml, CActiveForm, and Zii
- Adding custom views
- Yii-User and Yii-User-Management
- Other great extensions
- Role-based access control
- People and places you should get to know
- Yii website
- Tutorials and guides
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- PHP web application hosting environment dependencies
- How to get and install the Yii framework
- Guidelines to follow when designing a database
- Setting up a skeleton application
- Auto-generating Model, View, and Controller code
- Customizing routes and forms
- Authentication and role-based access controls
- How to use some of the most popular extensions
- Where to look for additional community resources
PHP is one of the most popular languages for building web sites and applications. While the Yii framework came a little bit later to the PHP scene, it has taken a lot of the best practices from around the Web and put it all into a single, awesome framework for making custom web apps.
Yii 1.1 Application Development Starter is a straightforward, hands-on look at what is rapidly becoming one of the most revered frameworks for custom web application development. The Yii framework follows a tried and true object-oriented software development pattern called Model-View-Controller, making it quick and easy to build database driven applications.
This book takes you through everything you need to know to get set up and rolling with the Yii framework. You will learn how to plan and start your application and how to take it where you want to go with the tools and extensions available with the Yii framework.
This book will teach you how to build an application from the ground up, how to make sure you have everything you need in your hosting environment and get the Yii framework installed, how to create a strong relational database design, and how to set up model classes for your tables. You will also learn how to generate CRUD code to add/remove, view, and list records from your tables, then add custom routes, widgets, and extensions to make a robust application. Additionally, you will learn how to integrate authentication and role-based access permissions throughout your site.
With this book, you will learn everything you need to get started with web application development using the Yii PHP framework.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. A concise guide that delivers immediate results with practical recipes that give you useful hints and tips on avoiding the pitfalls in Eclipse 4 development.
Who this book is for
This book is aimed at developers with some basic programming experience and a general understanding of relational databases, or anyone who is ready to take their development to the next level with framework-driven development. A basic understanding of MySQL, PHP, HTML, and HTTP is expected.