Yammer Starter [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Share what you're doing, post announcements, congratulate people, link to documents or interesting websites, make files available, ask or answer questions, and put up photos, polls, events, and more
- Learn the ways to create a dedicated team workspace for any project, department, or topic and collaborate on documents in real-time with multiple authors, store large files, manage versions, and make content available across the company
- Get up to speed using Yammer with the author of over 100 books who knows how to give you all the information needed in an easy and entertaining manner.
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 62 pages
Release Date : October 2012
ISBN : 1849694044
ISBN 13 : 9781849694049
Author(s) : Ralph Roberts
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Other, Enterprise
Table of ContentsYammer Starter
- Yammer Starter
- So, what is Yammer?
- Step 1 – what do I need?
- Step 2 – downloading Yammer
- Step 3 – signing up
- Step 4 – setting your password
- Step 5 – editing your profile
- Step 6 – inviting coworkers
- Step 7 – adding handy apps
- Step 8 – putting Yammer on your smartphone
- And that's it!
- Quick start – creating a group
- Step 1 – creating a group
- Step 2 – inviting others to join the group
- Step 3 – adding initial content
- To join or leave a group
- Deleting groups
- Tapping into your company's collective brain
- Obtaining a consensus
- Management strategies
- Top features you'll want to know about
- Connecting with people across the company
- Step 1 – posting an update
- Step 2 – posting a photo or other graphics
- Step 3 – commenting and complimenting
- Step 4 – yes we LIKE that
- Step 5 – learning more
- Step 6 – exploring the layout of Yammer's main screen
- Step 7 – receiving notifications
- Step 8 – searching
- Step 9 – using the bottom line
- Creating and sharing content
- Step 1 – entering information for posting
- Step 2 – attaching files
- Step 3 – including media
- Step 4 – viewing attached media
- Step 5 – accessing uploaded files
- Step 6 – deleting files
- Adding apps
- Sending content to specific groups
- Making networks for clients and partners
- Step 1 – creating external networks
- Step 2 – configuring a new external network
- Step 3 – going live
- Step 4 – adding groups
- Step 5 – inviting customers, vendors, and others outside the company
- Step 6 – deleting an external network
- Why have external networks?
- Who can be invited to join external networks?
- Can I create a private external network?
- Collaborating with important business contacts
- Accessing your company or groups via mobile devices
- Step 1 – getting the right Yammer mobile app
- Step 2 – navigating and receiving notifications
- Step 3 – posting a message
- Step 4 – replying to a message
- Step 5 – receiving SMS or e-mail from your networks
- Integrating with other applications
- Other apps
- Yammer Embed to access older data
- Universal search
- Other connections
- People and places you should get to know
- Official sites
- Articles and tutorials
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up Yammer, if it is not already in place, and configure Yammer for the company as well as secure Yammer
- Join your company’s Yammer network and activate your personal account
- Share posts, and set up automatic delivery of relevant conversations and other information
- Maximize Yammer for the growth of your career and your company.
- Create groups, tap into your company’s collective brain, obtain consensus, and manage strategy for using groups and Yammer in general.
- Share media such as photographs and videos with appropriate people and learn how to send your content only to a specific group
- Collaborate with important business contacts like customers, partners, and vendors and increase business by using Yammer to keep your outside business contacts up-to-date and ensure your company’s name sticks in their memory
- Prepare to be on the road and on the go with Yammer on your phone with specific information for iPhone, Android phones, Windows devices, and Blackberry
Yammer is the private and fun way to collaborate, plan, and keep up with co-workers.
Just about all of us either use or know about social media networks– Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and more, which are all simple-to-use, popular, and satisfying.
Yammer is just that, a social network but with one huge difference. It’s only for your company and it is private and secure.
In the "Yammer Starter", we explore how Yammer operates and the many exciting ways in which it helps your company and you. This book will also show you how to get more out of Yammer and join in all the contributing and other fun things going on. We will keep it all simple, use lots of helpful illustrations, and include useful examples of how Yammer works. You’ll learn quickly and have fun doing it.
The "Yammer Starter" leads you gently from the activities you do most (connecting with people, sharing content, networking with clients/customers) through the tasks you might do less (administrative, technical).
The "Yammer Starter" introduces you to what Yammer is and how it works. It shows you how to collaborate with the people across your company as well as in specific departments and local workgroups. You will learn how groups are created to get work done more efficiently, how to tap into your company’s “collective brain”, and the many ways Yammer lets us share content. You will be able to master creating networks to communicate with outside clients, customers, vendors, etc. Armed with your smartphones, you will find how all of the power of your company’s social network goes wherever you go. You will also find explanations for all the administrative tasks, how to get additional features in Yammer, and more, for those who need it.
The "Yammer Starter" reveals Yammer, the private and enjoyable way to collaborate, plan, and keep up with co-workers. No matter where you go, your company-wide “intercomm” is right there, and you’ll know how to use it to the best advantage to both the company and your own career!
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. This book is an introduction to Yammer which uses simple but enjoyable terms, informing you how to get the best out of Yammer while enjoying the process.
Who this book is for
The "Yammer Starter" and Yammer itself requires very little advance knowledge. Most of us have already posted something, sometime on the Internet. Most of us have already used Facebook or one of the other many social media networks, or seen someone using them, and so on. Yammer is that simple. The "Yammer Starter Guide" builds on this basic familiarity, getting you up to speed in using Yammer quickly and easily.