WordPress Top Plugins
|Also available on:|
- Learn WordPress plugin basics for both Macs and PCs
- Focuses exclusively on 100% free and open plugins
- Screenshots for each plugin
- Organized by complexity to install and manage
- Search Terms for automatic installation of plugins
- Instructions on configuring and setting up the more complex plugins
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 252 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : September 2010
ISBN : 1849511403
ISBN 13 : 9781849511407
Author(s) : Brandon Corbin
Topics and Technologies : All Books, CMS and eCommerce, Content Management (CMS), Open Source, PHP
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Plugin Basics
Chapter 2: Generating Content
Chapter 3: Sharing Content
Chapter 4: Style and Function
Chapter 5: Building a Community with BuddyPress
Chapter 6: Generating Revenue
Chapter 7: Working with Multiple Authors
Chapter 8: Security and Maintenance
Chapter 9: Power Admin
Chapter 10: Time for Action
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 1 submitted: last submission 10 Feb 2012
Errata type: Others | Page number: 4
Downloading the example code for this book:- There aren't any code files for this book.
What you will learn from this book
- Install, manage, and edit plugins automatically and manually for both Macs and PCs
- Create new blog posts from RSS feeds and pull external content from any website
- Create rich and engaging photo galleries
- Embed video from YouTube, Google, Vimeo, and more
- Embed Google Maps with custom markers
- Make your blog mobile by sending notifications to users' mobile phones, by letting users pick their theme, inserting dynamic content in to posts and pages, and so on
- Learn the basics of starting an online community with BuddyPress plugin
- Leverage other Social Networks to drive traffic
- Generate Revenue by collecting donations with PayPal, including Amazon related products on a post, working with Google AdSense, selling digital goods with your own shopping cart, invoicing clients, and selling ad space on your site.
- Promote your authors, track an author’s performance, and share Google Adsense revenue with your authors
- Protect your website from common hacking practices by eliminating comment spam, and also by creating backup of your database and entire blog
- Make your WordPress Administration beautiful and usable by keeping track of visitors’ activities, accessing links to your Admin from your blogs frontend, adding powerful CMS-like features, and so on
- Customize your blog's appearance by using customization plugins
Bloggers, authors, coders, photographers, moms, dads, big companies, small companies, and even kids use WordPress to manifest their personas online. WordPress is used in every market, in every country, and continues to grow everyday. This explosive growth and international open source love affair was ignited the day WordPress announced the simple idea of a 'plugin'
This book will walk you through finding and installing the best plugins for generating and sharing content, for building communities and reader base, and for generating real advertising revenue.
There is literally a plugin for almost anything you want to achieve in WordPress.
This book will show you how plugins work, and more importantly, how to install and activate them on your blog without you having to touch a single line of code, unless of course, you want to.
Content is king, and it’s pretty hard to generate. This book will cover some of the best plugins available on WordPress to generate unique and dynamic content.
Once you have your blog loaded chock full of juicy content, you will learn how to turn your blog in to an overnight sensation by helping your readers to share it, using tools to retweet, post on Facebook, and so on.
This book will teach you how to build a community with one single killer plugin, namely, BuddyPress—the best community building plugin available for WordPress.
Once you are through with plugin basics, content, and building a community, this book will show you how to generate revenue! It will cover the top plugins for turning your blog into a money making machine!
This book will also cover plugins focused on tweaking and perfecting your blog’s overall look and feel, and functionality.
Nothing helps build a powerful online blog brand than a horde of talented writers to contribute their ideas and content – as well as their social network. This book will cover a bunch of plugins that will make working with multiple authors easy, efficient, and effective.
Last but not the least, it will cover the best plugins for ensuring that your blog is secure, the database is running optimally, and in the case of an emergency, you have a full backup copy of your blog.
While most plugins in this book are focused on a blog’s frontend, this book will also cover some great 'non-public' facing plugins that make our lives so much easier and make your WordPress site a productive powerhouse.
Find and install the best plugins for generating and sharing content, building communities and generating revenue
Time flies when you're having fun. This is the right way to describe this WordPress Top Plugins book by Brandon Corbin. With real world examples and by showing you the perks of having these plugins installed on your websites, the author is all set to captivate your interest from start to end.
Who this book is for
Regardless of whether this is your first time working with WordPress, or you’re a seasoned WordPress coding ninja, WordPress Top Plugins will walk you through finding and installing the best plugins for generating and sharing content, building communities and reader base, and generating real advertising revenue.