WordPress 2.7 Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- Take your WordPress blog to the next level with solutions to common WordPress problems that make your blog better, smarter, faster, and more secure
- Enhance your SEO and make more money online by applying simple hacks
- Fully tested and compatible with WordPress 2.7
- Part of Packt's Cookbook series: Each recipe is a carefully organized sequence of instructions to complete the task as efficiently as possible
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 316 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : July 2009
ISBN : 1847197388
ISBN 13 : 9781847197382
Author(s) : Jean-Baptiste Jung
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Cookbooks, Content Management (CMS), Open Source, WordPress
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Ready to Cook with WordPress
Chapter 2: Finding, Installing, and Tweaking Themes
Chapter 3: Get the most out of your WordPress Theme
Chapter 4: Doing anything with Plugins and Widgets
Chapter 5: Displaying Posts
Chapter 6: Managing and Enhancing Multi-Author Blogs
Chapter 7: Securing your WordPress Blog
Chapter 8: SEO Tips and Tricks to Get More Visits
Chapter 9: Making Money with WordPress
Chapter 10: Enhancing User Experience
Chapter 11: Make your Blog Stand Out
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Use filters to add more features to WordPress without editing any core files
- Easily transform a personal blog to a complete, multi-author online magazine
- Turn any free WordPress theme into a powerful and polished premium theme by changing colors and fonts, inserting your custom logo, and more
- Transform a classic theme into a captivating Photoblog
- Learn how plug-ins and widgets work, and how you can create your own
- Integrate popular services into your blog including Twitter, FeedBurner, Digg, del.icio.us, and many more
- Learn proven techniques to attract more readers and comments
- Incorporate advertisements into your RSS feed
- Tips and tricks to secure your blog and optimize it for SEO
About 120,000 blogs are created every day. Most of them quickly die, but a few stay, grow up, and then become well known and respected places on the Web. If you are seriously interested in being in the top league, you will need to learn all the tricks of the trade. WordPress 2.7 Cookbook focuses on providing solutions to common WordPress problems, to make sure that your blog will be one of the ones that stay.
The author's experience with WordPress enables him to share insights on using WordPress effectively, in a clear and friendly way, giving practical hands-on solutions to WordPress problems, questions, and common tasks – from themes to widgets and from SEO to security.
Are you feeling limited with WordPress, or are you wondering how popular blogs do a certain kind of thing that you can't? With this cookbook, you will learn many WordPress secrets and techniques, with step-by-step, useful recipes dedicated to achieving a particular goal or solve a particular problem. You'll learn the secret of expensive premium themes, how to optimize your blog for SEO and online profits, and how to supercharge WordPress with killer functions used by the most popular blogs over the Internet.
Get solutions to common WordPress problems, to make your blog better, smarter, faster, and more secure
This is a Packt Cookbook, which means it contains step-by-step instructions to achieve a particular goal or solve a particular problem. The book can be read chapter by chapter, or you can look at the table of contents and read the recipes in no particular order.
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who wants to enhance their WordPress blog to make it engaging and feature-rich. It is not specifically for developers or programmers; rather it can be used by anyone who wants to get more out of their WordPress blog by following step-by-step instructions. A basic knowledge of PHP/XHTML/CSS/WordPress is desirable but not necessary.