Windows PowerShell 4.0 for .NET Developers
|Also available on:|
- Enables developers to start adopting Windows PowerShell in their own application to extend its capabilities and manageability
- Introduces beginners to the basics, progressing on to advanced level topics and techniques for professional PowerShell scripting and programming
- Step-by-step guide, packed with real world scripts examples, screenshots, and best practices
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 140 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : January 2014
ISBN : 1849688761
ISBN 13 : 9781849688765
Author(s) : Sherif Talaat
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Enterprise
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Started with Windows PowerShell
Chapter 2: Unleashing Your Development Skills with PowerShell
Chapter 3: PowerShell for Your Daily Administration Tasks
Chapter 4: PowerShell and Web Technologies
Chapter 5: PowerShell and Team Foundation Server
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Explore the new features of Windows PowerShell 4.0
- Understand PowerShell syntax and grammar such as pipeline, looping and working with objects
- Discover how to extend PowerShell capabilities with .NET framework, XML, WMI, and COM+
- Work with Windows Server, Users and Groups, IIS, and SQL Server
- Automate ALM using Team Foundation Server and Windows PowerShell
- Get to grips with Windows PowerShell and Internet technologies such as JSON, XML web services, and RESTful applications
The world of technology is growing faster than ever, and the business needs are getting more complex every day. With PowerShell in your toolbox, you have an object-based scripting language, task-based shell, along with a powerful automation engine. PowerShell is built on top of .NET framework which gives an edge over the other tools when it comes to integration and automation of Microsoft product and technologies.
Packed with a set of real world scenarios and detailed scripts that will help you get started with PowerShell, this practical guide will help you to understand the syntax and grammar, build your scripts and modules, and integrate them with different technologies and tools. PowerShell is built on top of .NET framework, which gives an edge over other tools when it comes to integration and automation of Microsoft products and technologies.
Starting with the essentials of PowerShell along with the new features in PowerShell 4.0, this guide explores building scripts and modules, and takes an in-depth look at integration topics.
This book covers the use of PowerShell with .NET, WMI, and COM. It also covers the use of PowerShell to manage Windows Server, Internet Information Services, SQL Server, and Team Foundation Server. You will also learn to work with XML and RESTful web services.
This practical guide provides an easy and fast way to become a PowerShell expert via a collection of selected real world scenarios, detailed solutions, and screenshots.
A fast-paced guide, packed with easy-to-follow practical examples and real-world scenarios, along with detailed descriptions and screenshots.
Who this book is for
If you are a .NET developer who wants to learn how to use Windows PowerShell then this book is what you are looking for. This book takes you from the basics to a professional level in PowerShell scripting. In order to get the maximum benefit from this book, you need to have some basic scripting knowledge or at least hands-on experience with one of the .NET programming languages.