WildFly Performance Tuning
|Also available on:|
- Enable performance tuning with the use of free and quality software
- Tune the leading open source application server WildFly and its related components
- Filled with clear step-by-step instructions to get to know the ins-and-outs of the platform, its components, and surrounding infrastructure to get the most and best out of it in any situation
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: The Science of Performance Tuning
Chapter 2: Tools of the Tuning Trade
Chapter 3: Tuning the Java Virtual Machine
Chapter 4: Tuning WildFly
Chapter 5: EJB Tuning in WildFly
Chapter 6: Tuning the Persistence Layer
Chapter 7: Tuning the Web Container in WildFly
Chapter 8: Tuning Web Applications and Services
Chapter 9: JMS and HornetQ
Chapter 10: WildFly Clustering
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Tune and monitor an OS, a JVM, and WildFly with components and applications
- Make various tuning tools work with WildFly
- Configure and tune the JVM by analyzing its behavior
- Understand numerous best practices and how-tos
- Monitor and tune various JEE technologies within WildFly, such as EJBs, WebServices, and JSF-based applications
- Know the ins-and-outs for getting the most out of the platform, its components, and surrounding infrastructure
- Discover how to tune a clustered WildFly environment
The hugely successful JBoss Application Server has been updated and is now called WildFly. This cutting edge technology provides a free JEE-certified platform for the software of today and tomorrow. Learning to tune such a platform for optimal performance is vital for a healthy business organization, efficient development, and the smooth running of operations.
This practical book explores how to tune one of the leading open source application servers in its latest reincarnation. In this book, you will learn what performance tuning is and how it can be performed on WildFly and the JVM using solely free and open source tools and utilities.
Learn about various free tools for performance monitoring and tuning, all focused on making them work with WildFly. The tuning journey ventures through the landscape of the major JEE technologies, EJB, Servlets, JPA, JSF, and JMS. Discover best practices for the internal high-performing web container Undertow, WebServices, and REST services so that you end your journey feeling confident in tuning WildFly for optimal performance.
Packed with practical examples, this book looks at a different aspect of performance tuning in each chapter and shows you how to apply them to their existing Java applications.
Who this book is for
Anyone with an interest in learning more and improving the performance of Java-based technology in general, all the way to WildFly in particular, will find this book useful.