WildFly: New Features
|Also available on:|
- Learn about the latest WildFly components, including CLI management, classloading, and custom modules
- Customize your web server and applications by managing logs, virtual hosts, and the context root
- Explore the vast variety of features and configurations that can be implemented through CLI and the Management Console
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 142 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : May 2014
ISBN : 1783285893
ISBN 13 : 9781783285891
Author(s) : Filippe Costa Spolti
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Enterprise Products and Platforms, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Starting with WildFly
Chapter 2: Unified Configuration
Chapter 3: WildFly CLI and Management Console
Chapter 4: Modular Services and Class Loading
Chapter 5: Memory and Thread Pool Management
Appendix: What You Need to Know – Migrating from AS 7 to WildFly 8
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Install and set up your very own WildFly server
- Deploy applications using the CLI, the Management Console, and the deployment scanner
- Configure the WildFly Log
- Manage data sources and encrypt their passwords
- Manage WildFly through the CLI and the Management Console
- Migrate to WildFly from JBoss 7
- Install new modules
- Tune the JVM and garbage collector
WildFly, formerly known as JBoss Application Server, is a flexible, lightweight, managed application runtime that helps you build amazing applications. Applications made in WildFly are Java J2EE applications, developed entirely in Java, and thus they can be run on any operating system. The new WildFly release has a highly optimized boot process and implements the latest JEE7 patterns, which provide great performance to developers.
This book explores all the new features that WildFly has to offer, and will provide you with the skills you need to successfully install, customize, and configure the WildFly server properly. Starting from the basics, this book will cover how to set up your WildFly server step by step—from Java installation to the final configuration of the server. It also delves deep into the nuances of WildFly configuration and how to set up your WildFly server to improve security and performance. This book is an easy-to-follow guide full of hands-on examples of administration tasks and valuable information about security.
This book is an easy-to-follow guide full of hands-on examples of administration tasks and valuable information about security. Each topic is explained and placed in context, and for the more inquisitive readers, there are more in-depth details of the concepts used.
Who this book is for
If you are an application server administrator or a Java developer with some experience with previous versions of JBoss AS and you want to familiarize yourself with WildFly, then this book is ideal for you.