Instant Website Touch Integration [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Learn how to debug touch events without a touch-enabled device
- Discover how to use gestures and polyfill missing functionality in browsers
- Create custom gestures to enable extra functionality
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 50 pages
Release Date : November 2013
ISBN : 1783280492
ISBN 13 : 9781783280490
Author(s) : Alexander Dickson
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Mobile Application Development, Web Development, Open Source
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Website Touch Integration
- Instant Website Touch Integration
- The why and when of touch events
- Testing while keeping your sanity (Simple)
- How to get tapping (Simple)
- Swiping your way to success (Intermediate)
- Welcome gestures (Intermediate)
- A custom gesture can go a long way (Advanced)
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand what touch events are and how they should be applied
- Debug events without a touch-enabled device
- Discover the different event types and their purpose
- Track users’ finger positions as they’re moved
- Swipe naturally with deceleration
- Handle gestures such as pinch and rotate
- Write your own custom gestures
Touch-screen monitors have become more and more commonplace as their price has steadily dropped over the past decade. Web applications have generally been transferred onto touch-enabled devices by the touch-to- click emulation provided by modern browsers. A relatively new approach to building web applications is to take advantage of touch-enabled devices by harnessing the new events to allow intuitive interactions just like native applications.
Instant Website Touch Integration takes you on an amazing journey through the world of touch events, giving you the necessary knowledge and advice to make sure your web application stands apart from the rest. Different tasks are explained clearly with examples and offer practical advice for implementing the features discussed in your own web applications.
Instant Website Touch Integration takes you from an introduction to touch events to implementing your own custom gestures. The style is fun and engaging, and you will come along for the journey as we kick other established mouse-driven paint applications to the curb by writing our own touch events. This will encompass handling touch events to draw on and erase the canvas as well as giving the user the ability to choose colors via swiping through a preset collection. At the end of your journey, you will know everything you need in order to add touch functionality such as swipes and pinches to your web application.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. This book gives you a quick theoretical knowledge base before moving on to focus on task-based projects designed to keep you on your toes.
Who this book is for