Web Host Manager Administration Guide
|Also available on:|
- Set up your server using WHM's powerful server management features
- Learn how to manage standard and reseller accounts
- Keep an eye on your server and learn to spot problems before they become serious
- Discover numerous tools and add-ons that can help you manage your server and differentiate your hosting from other providers.
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 296 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : August 2006
ISBN : 1904811507
ISBN 13 : 9781904811503
Author(s) : Aric Pedersen
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Web Development
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up a fast, secure, and effective server with WHM
- Work with Apache, PHP, Perl and Databases
- Manage standard and reseller accounts and use third-party programs that assist in this process
- Keep an eye on what is happening on your server by using tools that WHM provides and some third-party tools
- Deal with reseller and non-reseller accounts
- Manage DNS, IP and SSL issues using WHM
- Manage security on an on-going basis by learning what to look for
- Learn how to add useful features to WHM and cPanel
- Discover places you can turn to for help if you need it
WebHost Manager is a package used by web hosts to manage their servers and the individual user accounts they hold. It is part of the same package as cPanel, so the host uses WebHost Manager while the client uses cPanel. WebHost Manager is at the core of many web hosts' business. Using web host manager, you can keep track of the accounts on your server, monitor their bandwidth and disk space usage, and much more.
If you are running a web host or web space reseller then the chances are you'll be using WebHost Manager. This book shows you how to get the most from the software, for both you and your customers. It provides solutions to common WHM problems and pitfalls, leading to better customer service provided at lower cost.
You will learn how to set up WHM securely, offer a variety of account styles. You will see how to use WHM to elegantly manage multiple domains, SSL certificates, and various databases and server-side technologies such as PHP, MySQL, Perl, and Apache.
Download Appendix A: The /scripts Directory, Appendix B: Resources and Links, and Appendix C: Glossary from the book, Web Host Manager Administration Guide.
Run your web host with the popular WebHost Manager software
- Concise, well organized style means you will be able to refer back to this book again and again
- Frequent screenshots and clear explanations throughout
- Highly practical, with frequent step by step instructions for the most useful processes and tasks
Who this book is for
An Administrator's Guide to WHM is designed for new server administrators and professionals who are new to working with WHM. Even if you've never had experience working with Linux servers before this book will walk you through every feature available so you'll be comfortable with WHM in no time. The book also provides tips and tricks that you will be using for years to come.