Web 2.0 Solutions with Oracle WebCenter 11g
|Also available on:|
- Create task-oriented, rich, interactive online work environments with the help of this Oracle WebCenter training tutorial
- Accelerate the development of Enterprise 2.0 solutions by leveraging the Oracle tools
- Apply the basic concepts of Enterprise 2.0 for your business solutions by understanding them completely
- Prepare development environments that suit your enterprise needs using WebCenter applications
- Define collaborative work environments for the members of your organization
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: What is Oracle WebCenter?
Chapter 2: WebCenter Installation and Configuration
Chapter 3: Setting up the Development Environment
Chapter 4: Getting Started with WebCenter Development: Hello World(s)
Chapter 5: Design and Personalization
Chapter 6: Portlets
Chapter 7: Discussions, Wiki, and Blog Services
Chapter 8: Search Service
Chapter 9: Personalization with Oracle Composer
Chapter 10: Oracle WebCenter Spaces Overview
The book is very easy to read and follow, thanks to the many-many screen shots; pretty much every major statement or step in the book is supported by a product image. This helps you understand the product even if you don’t follow the steps on your computer: you’re on a train, a flight, or cruise.
With the aid of this book, you can acquire the experience of setting up Oracle WebCenter design-time and runtime environments, developing Custom WebCenter applications with JDeveloper IDE using ADF and JSF, working on an out-of-box Portal Application named WebCenter Spaces, creating site contents using WebCenter Spaces, etc.
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Explore the relationship between the Oracle WebCenter suite and the application server
- Install and configure the core building blocks for WebCenter 11g in a Linux environment.
- Prepare the development environments and the application server in order to support your WebCenter applications
- Combine various kind of components such as portlets, data access components (tables and list of values), and components that promote participation (discussions, wikis) into a single user interface under the concept of a portal.
- Create a page template and based on it and develop user interfaces using ADF Faces Rich Client
- Integrate wiki and blog with WebCenter using an iFrame as well as using the Web Clipping Portlet
- Develop a custom WebCenter application to connect to the Discussions Server and present a few of the various task flows possible
- Integrate WebCenter Search Service in your custom WebCenter application with the help of a sample application
- Learn Oracle Composer components and develop a practical example to customize your content using Oracle Composer
- Integrate WebCenter Tags Service and WebCenter Links Service to ensure ease of search as well as precise organization
- Explore all the features of Oracle WebCenter Spaces and define a personal as well as a group environment
- Integrate your custom WebCenter applications with the WebCenter RSS Service having complete knowledge of requirements for the RSS Service
Oracle WebCenter Suite is the industry's most comprehensive enterprise portal platform designed for business users unified with business applications, Enterprise 2.0 services, and social communities. It incorporates Web 2.0 content, collaboration, and communication services. However, without proper guidance on developing performance-critical enterprise applications, it is easy to make the wrong design and technology decisions.
Packed with screenshots, this book offers you in-depth knowledge of developing custom WebCenter applications for your various enterprise requirements. Integrate various web services to make development simpler and faster. Build fast, reliable, and robust Web 2.0 applications with this hands-on practical tutorial.
The Web is no longer just an environment where information is published. It is a powerful tool for collaboration, socialization, and work. This evolution has come about due to the development of technologies such as AJAX, REST, RSS, and so on.
Oracle WebCenter Suite is a stack of products that helps implement Web 2.0 solutions in organizations. This book enables developers to learn the important concepts. It shows several scenarios where Oracle WebCenter 11g technology can be used to improve the productivity of your organization. Each chapter provides a practical application of the technology. It will guide you through many web-building features such as pages and portlets.
Finally, the book describes complete solutions, such as Oracle WebCenter Spaces, and ready-to-use collaborative environments.
A clear step-by-step guide to create customizable Web 2.0 applications for your enterprise using a set of hands-on practical examples to test the platform
The book starts by explaining the context of the WEB 2.0 platform. It helps the reader to understand its main features and their application in organizations.
It shows how the Oracle WebCenter technology can help you implement the Web 2.0 solutions. In each chapter, the theoretical concepts are tested with the help of practical applications. The apt recommendations and suggestions are other key points of the book.
Filled with careful step-by-step instructions and plenty of screenshots, this tutorial shows you how to get the most out of the WebCenter Suite 11g. You will learn about integrating various services to enhance your Web 2.0 solutions using Oracle WebCenter.
Who this book is for
This book is for web developers who need to improve their websites or business applications using Web 2.0 features.
This book is recommended for you, if you are a:
- Portal Developer who works with a traditional portal and wants to move onto new technologies
- Java Developer and want to add productivity features to your business applications
- Knowledge Managers and want to create collaborative environments and increase the productivity of your employees and organizational groups