VMware vCloud Director Essentials
|Also available on:|
- Learn about DHCP, NAT, and VPN services to successfully implement a private cloud
- Configure different networks such as Direct connect, Routed, or Isolated
- Configure and manage vCloud Director's access control
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 225 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : August 2014
ISBN : 1783986522
ISBN 13 : 9781783986521
Author(s) : Lipika Pal
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Virtualization and Cloud, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Configure centralized logging and vCloud Director for scalability
- Get to know how to manage vSphere compute, storage, and network resouces
- Create and manage vApps and vApps catlogs
- Manage vCloud resources such as Provider vDC, vCloud Director network resources, organization, and organization vDC resources
- Configure organization and vApp network services such as DHCP and DNS relay, firewall services, NAT, VPN, and static routes
- Manage vCloud Director security such as SSL certificates and vCloud Director access control using LDAP and vSphere SSO
- Explore the advanced concepts of vCloud including organization and Provider virtual datacenter management
VMware vCloud Director is a key technology in today’s Cloud computing market; it provides a self-service portal and catalog that enables application provisioning and automated operations management. It provisions software-defined data center services as virtual datacenters that provide virtualized compute resources, networking, storage, and security.
This book will ensure you have a comprehensive understanding of the different components of VMware vCloud Director and the interaction of them with the physical and logical layer. This includes the ESXi host, Virtual Machine, vSphere Cluster, vSphere Storage, and vSphere Network. This book enhances your ability to install, configure, and administer complex, single and multi-tenant public/private/hybrid VMware vCloud environments. It helps you through the installation and administration of vCloud Director, vCenter Chargeback, the vShield Manager, and Edge products. This book provides guidance on Cloud implementation and example designs, and how to practically implement those practical scenarios. Through this book, you will understand how to complete tasks from the vCloud Director GUI, vShield Manager GUI, vSphere Web Client and the vCenter Chargeback Manager GUI. You will also go on to learn some command-line options in vCD Cell, especially configuring certificates and some management functions.
By the end of this book, you will have in-depth knowledge of how to implement a private cloud running on vCloud Director.
A practical and step-by-step approach with ample screenshots that make it easier for you to configure and manage networks and implement a private cloud running on vCloud Director.
Who this book is for
If you are a technical professional with system administration knowledge, then this book is for you. The book also covers areas of importance if you are a virtualization engineer, consultant, architect, senior system engineer, or senior system analyst. You should possess the core vSphere platform knowledge necessary to serve as a base for vCloud Director and its associated components.