VMware vCenter Operations Manager Essentials
|Also available on:|
- Written by VMware expert Lauren Malhoit, this book takes a look at vCenter Operations Manager from a practical point of view that every administrator can appreciate
- Understand, troubleshoot, and design your virtual environment in a better and more efficient way than you ever have before
- A step-by-step and learn-by-example guide to understanding the ins and outs of vCenter Operations Manager
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 246 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : February 2014
ISBN : 1782176969
ISBN 13 : 9781782176961
Author(s) : Lauren Malhoit
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Virtualization and Cloud, Enterprise
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction to vCenter Operations Manager
Chapter 2: Installing vCenter Operations Manager
Chapter 3: Dashboards and Badges
Chapter 4: Troubleshooting Our Virtual Environment with vCenter Operations Manager
Chapter 5: Capacity Planning with vCenter Operations Manager
Chapter 6: Reports
Chapter 7: vCenter Configuration Manager
Chapter 8: Log Insight
Chapter 9: VMware Horizon View Integration with vCenter Operations Manager
Chapter 10: vCenter Infrastructure Navigator
Chapter 11: EMC Storage Analytics
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Install and configure VMware vCenter Operations Manager
- Connect VMware vCenter Operations Manager to your virtual server environment, VMware Horizon View environment, EMC VNX storage analytics, and VMware Log Insight
- Troubleshoot various performance issues
- Plan your hardware capacity efficiently
- Discover the differences between “one off” events and consistent stress within your VMs and storage
- Explore the difference between normal behavior and anomalous behaviour
- Find specific events that cause issues within your environment
vCenter Operations Manager offers a powerful solution to administrating a large virtual machine deployment, allowing you to automate processes and plan your resource capacity to maximize hardware efficiency.
This book contains step-by-step tutorials, detailed descriptions, and real-world solutions that will allow you to overcome the complexity of a powerful but often overwhelming suite of tools for the modern network administrator. Install, configure, troubleshoot, and expand your virtualization deployment with this essential handbook.
The vCenter Operations Management Suite contains so much information within one solution that it can be intimidating. It can make administrators feel overwhelmed or think that they are not using it properly. This book is a practical guide to using vCenter Operations Manager for the everyday administrator. It not only gives step-by-step instructions but also makes admins more comfortable with the user interface so they can maintain, troubleshoot, and design their infrastructure and virtual environment in the most efficient way possible.
VMware vCenter Operations Manager Essentials guides you through installing and configuring vCenter Operations Manager and shows you how to maximize its potential. vCenter Operations Manager helps you maintain and troubleshoot your VMware environment as well as your physical environment. It goes beyond using the simple alarms vCenter gives you by explaining the virtual environment and how to track, explain, and find solutions to anomalous behavior. You're taught how to deploy the power of vCops to maximize your ability to plan capacity and design your environment, enabling more efficient use of your hardware than ever before.
This book features step-by-step guides as well as practical, real-world examples, exploiting the premise that there’s never just one way to narrow down problems. It tackles scenarios by going through different workflows to find the answers you need.
Who this book is for
This book is for administrators, engineers, and architects of VMware vSphere as well as those who have or are interested in purchasing the vCenter Operations Manager Suite. It will particularly help administrators who are hoping to use vCenter Operations Manager to optimize their VMware environments as well as quickly troubleshoot both long-term and short-term issues.