Instant VMware Player for Virtualization [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Discover the latest features of VMware Player 5.0
- Evaluate new technology without paying for additional hardware costs
- Test your applications in an isolated environment
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 84 pages
Release Date : September 2013
ISBN : 1849689849
ISBN 13 : 9781849689847
Author(s) : Kevin L. Sapp
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Virtualization and Cloud, Enterprise
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant VMware Player for Virtualization
- Instant VMware Player for Virtualization
- Downloading and installing VMware Player on Windows/Linux PC (Simple)
- Installing Windows 8 virtual machine using an ISO image (Intermediate)
- Installing Windows 8 virtual machine using a bootable media (Intermediate)
- Installing Windows 8 virtual machine using a VHD (Advanced)
- Running Windows 8 virtual machine (Simple)
- Removing a virtual machine (Simple)
- Backing up Windows 8 virtual machine (Simple)
- Using shared folders (Intermediate)
- Adding a printer device to VMware Player (Simple)
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Build a virtual machine from scratch
- Customize virtual machine settings
- Manage guest operating systems using tips and tricks
- Get hands-on experience with booting a virtual machine from a USB device
- Install the Windows 8 operating system on a virtual machine
- Add a printer to a virtual machine
- Remove a virtual machine
- Boot a virtual machine from a Virtual Hard Disk (VHD)
Virtual technology has been around for years, but only recently has it really taken off with the introduction of products such as VMware’s Player, Oracle’s Virtual box, and Microsoft’s Hyper-V. Each of these companies has begun to leverage virtualization in a reliable, secure, and scalable fashion to help businesses reduce their production costs.
Instant VMware Player for Virtualization will give you practical experience with virtualization. VMware Player is a free product that can be used to evaluate and test software platforms in almost any operating system environment.
The power of virtualization is robust if done well; it can save you a lot of time and financial resources. This book provides you with a quick and easy process for creating a virtual machine and setting it up to function properly in your home or business location.
The topics covered in this book will include practical guides to installing the Windows 8 operating system on a virtual system. The information provided is also formatted in an easily-digestible recipe format. If you want to take advantage of the free VMware Player application, then this is the book for you.
You will learn everything you need to know to create virtual machines as well as how to configure them in your VMware Player console to kick start your knowledge of virtualization concepts.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. The book is easy to follow, with the tasks listed and explained as a set of recipes which will make things easier to grasp for the readers.
Who this book is for
This is an excellent guide for home users and professionals who want to test-drive the latest technology without having to purchase additional home or business equipment.