VMware Horizon View 5.3 Design Patterns and Best Practices
|Also available on:|
- Identify the reasons why you are deploying Horizon View, a critical step to identifying your metrics for success
- Determine your Horizon View desktop resource requirements, and use that to size your infrastructure
- Recognize key design considerations that should influence your Horizon View infrastructure
- Learn how third party add-on solutions can complement and enhance your Horizon View deployment
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 124 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : December 2013
ISBN : 1782171541
ISBN 13 : 9781782171546
Author(s) : Jason Ventresco
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Enterprise Products and Platforms, Enterprise
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction to VMware Horizon View Design
Chapter 2: Understanding Desktop Deployment Options
Chapter 3: Understanding the View Environment
Chapter 4: Determining vSphere Resource Requirements
Chapter 5: View Storage Considerations
Chapter 6: View Client Management and Connectivity
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Identify your reasons for implementing Horizon View, the existing risks, and why this is important to your design
- Learn about the vital considerations during the Horizon View design process including infrastructure design, monitoring, storage options, and Horizon View client types
- Measure current desktop resource utilization and use that data to size your Horizon View infrastructure
- Define the characteristics of Horizon View linked-clone, full-clone, persistent, and non-persistent desktops, and the reasons for using each
- Understand desktop pool design and its influence on Horizon View maintenance
- Recognize the limitations of vSphere and Horizon View that will impact your design
- Decide how and why to control Horizon View client bandwidth usage
- Discover the various options for monitoring your Horizon View environment and learn about its significance
VMware Horizon View is easy to install and configure, but building an adequate infrastructure and deploying the ideal desktops for your environment requires careful planning and a detailed understanding of the different options that exist. The more you know about those options and the impact of choosing one versus another, the better prepared you will be to make the optimal choice for your environment.
VMware Horizon View 5.3 Design Patterns and Best Practices provides important information that will guide you through decisions that are fundamental to designing and implementing a successful View environment. You will learn about major topics that are crucial to making your Horizon View environment a success, both in the early stages of deployment and beyond.
This book discusses multiple essential topics related to the architecture and administration of VMware Horizon View. Subjects such as infrastructure design, Horizon View desktop deployment, and monitoring are all discussed, each of which are critical to building and maintaining a healthy and well-performing Horizon View architecture.
Building a Horizon View infrastructure isn’t just about buying the right hardware; it requires careful consideration of all layers of the implementation including desktop pool configuration, the ability to monitor and troubleshoot the environment, and understanding what will happen when the environment matures or is required to expand. This book will help you understand why each of these topics is important, and provide the guidance needed to help make your Horizon View environment successful.
This is an easy-to-follow guide that introduces the user to a variety of diverse topics that are instrumental to designing and implementing Horizon View, which should help the reader make an informed decision that best serves the needs of their organization.
Who this book is for
This book is aimed at individuals who are considering implementing Horizon View, but unaware of how their design decisions may impact the execution, operation, and future performance of their Horizon View environment. Readers should have some knowledge of end user computing, the capabilities of VMware Horizon View, and datacentre infrastructure to understand the concepts and ideas that the book discusses.