Visual Studio 2013 and .NET 4.5 Expert Cookbook
|Also available on:|
- Provides step-by-step instructions, helping you to learn the various components and technologies of .NET development with Visual Studio 2013
- Filled with examples that clearly illustrate how to integrate with the technologies and frameworks of your choice
- Helps you keep pace with the fast growing IT industry and gain expertise on upcoming technologies, common forms of debugging and software testing
- Contains expert advice on various .NET components that every developer should know
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 400 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : March 2014
ISBN : 1849689725
ISBN 13 : 9781849689724
Author(s) : Abhishek Sur
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Enterprise Products and Platforms, Cookbooks, Enterprise
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Get to grips with Visual Studio 2013 IDE and its various components, including utilizing its tools for debugging your code
- Understand the Windows Phone 8 development environment and gain practical experience on app development on the platform
- Create service oriented applications using WCF and study advanced use cases on implementing a RESTful service with WCF
- Test your application inside Visual Studio 2013 IDE and advanced use case scenarios to handle testing issues
- Effectively utilize the various new features of Team Foundation Server which are included for source control
- Extend Visual Studio 2013 IDE to add your own custom implementations, further enhancing your user experience
- Learn sdvanced usage of Cloud Computing with Windows Azure and its various components
Working with various up-and-coming technologies is a challenge. Visual Studio 2013 is all about enabling you to develop and manage these consumer-focused and business-oriented apps. It provides best-in-class tools that propel developers to create new apps or evolve existing ones, and it enables individuals and teams to deliver continuous value and agility. In conjunction, .NET 4.5 provides expansive capabilities for developers to work on all forms of apps and services, from client to mobile, and web to cloud, enabling them to focus only on business logic rather than architecture.
Taking a step-by-step approach, this practical guide teaches you how to work with new changes in technology under the arena of .NET. It provides in-depth analysis and expert advice on various elements of .NET, applying them in code using detailed practical examples, and helping you understand the entire technology in easy small steps. This book provides solutions to common development problems that you, as a developer, often face, while helping you adapt to the latest technologies as well as get to grips with modern app development using .NET 4.5.
Starting with an introduction of Visual Studio 2013 IDE, this book will explain its various inbuilt debugging capabilities. You will learn essential techniques that allow developers to use the IDE more effectively, increasing the pace of the development process. Following on from this, we will focus on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). We will get an insight into the various new features of WCF that come in handy while building a Web service, as well as an introduction to REST based service applications. As today is the age of devices, you will also be given an overview of how to create touch sensitive device applications in Windows Phone using XAML. You will be given a clear and concise explanation of the various components that you might use to build your applications for devices such as Push Technology, Networking, Navigation, State handling, and so on.
This book also provides an overview on Software Testing using the Visual Studio IDE. Learn the steps needed to create test projects from your existing projects, and gain a simple understanding of how to use Visual Studio for Testing. In addition to giving a detailed introduction to Visual Studio IDE, this book goes further and provides steps to create advanced editor extensions which improve the user experience within the IDE and also provide better customization for specific needs from the IDE.
You will learn how to configure TFS and work with a team in Team Foundation Server. The step- by- step approach helps you to define TFS rules and follow those rules during actual development to control the source code. You will also be given an expert introduction to Cloud Computing with Windows Azure, along with detailed insights into cloud computing concepts.
This guide gives you a better understanding of overall .NET infrastructure using the latest technology updates, providing a broad guide for a basic developer to become an expert on .NET.
Written in a cookbook-style format, this book provides practical and immediately usable task-based recipes that provide solutions to common development problems, and help you adapt to the latest .NET technologies.
Who this book is for
If you are a Visual Studio 2013 and .NET developer and would like to sharpen your existing skillsets and adapt to new .NET technologies, this book is ideal for you. A basic understanding of .NET and C# is needed for those of you who are interested in this book. The purpose of this book is to give under the hood expertise in .NET, and help you to face common problems with the latest technologies.