Packt is pleased to be able to support User Groups around the world. We do all we can as a publisher to help support User Groups.
- We are happy to send copies of our books to groups to review and publish on their site
- We can also offer User Groups discounts on all of our books when ordered through www.PacktPub.com
- We are happy to donate books as prizes for competitions at User Group meetings
If you are a member of a User Group and would like to learn more about what Packt can offer you, please use the submission form.
The Brazos Valley Perl Mongers represent the Bryan/College Station area of Perl Mongers. Perl Mongers is a loose association of international Perl User Groups. The Brazos Valley Perl Mongers are a group of Perl users (sysadmins, web programmers, etc.) who get together periodically to discuss Perl and related topics, as well as various open source subjects. We meet on a monthly basis in the evening, with social activities scattered throughout. We have meetings on the 3rd Tuesday of every month.
For more information, please visit:http://brazosvalley.pm.org
BreizhJUG is a Java User Group located in Rennes, France. This User Group was started in 2008, and they organize monthly meetings and free technical conferences on Java, Web, and other new technologies. BreizhJUG also has partnerships with book editors and offer members a chance to review most recent books. The main aim of BreizhJUG is to support the local Java community as much as possible and make it an active member of the Java ecosystem.
Broward PHP User Group is intended to be a social gathering of Broward Web Designers and Programmers who come together to learn about AMP technology.Our Focus on open source solutions and open source consulting is designed to help share and educate the community on new technologies.
The Central Penn Adobe User Group (CPAUG) is a free, official Adobe User Group for people of all skill levels and professions who use Adobe software in the Central PA region. Our members come from a variety of backgrounds and include print and web designers, developers, photographers and freelancers. Most people are in college or older but we are open to all ages and skill levels. Please check the CPAUG website at www.cpaug.com for meeting details and additional information.
The Chattanooga .Net Users Group's welcomes new members. Our goals are:
- To provide our members with the opportunity to share and learn from other member's programming and .NET experiences.
- To assist our members with the transition of their skills to .NET by focusing on the emerging .NET based technologies, including: The Common Language Runtime, C#, Visual Basic .NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, and XML Web Services by conducting a technical meeting on topics of interest each month.
- To facilitate the networking of .NET programmers in the Chattanooga Area.
- To provide our members with solutions-based presentations from guest speakers and industry experts.
The Cleveland Macromedia Users Group tackles all subjects pertaining to web design and development, with a focus on Macromedia software to accomplish these tasks. Started in May, 2004, this group has grown to nearly 100 members in less than 18 months. Past speakers have presented on Dreamweaver, ColdFusion, Flash, CSS, and non-Macromedia design topics like Color Theory. Future topics will include Contribute, Director and Captivate, as well as more Dreamweaver, Flash and CSS. Meetings are typically on the fourth Wednesday of the month.In March, 2005, the Cleveland MMUG spun off a ColdFusion group - the Cleveland ColdFusion Users Group - www.clevelandcfug.org.
We are professional and amateur web designers, web developers and graphics designers. We are business owners and technical experts. We are students and professionals alike. We provide a forum of local experts that can help you with your web design, graphics design and photography projects. For the experts, you can share your knowledge and unique experience with others. At D-MAG, we participate with software and book publishers by reviewing the latest software and titles. All members benefit from the networking we can do at the meetings. Who knows when your next big client could be referred to you by a D-MAG member?