Upgrading to Lotus Notes and Domino 7
|Also available on:|
- Understand the new features and put them to work in your business
- Appreciate the implications of changes and new features
- Learn how to integrate Lotus Notes/Domino 7 with WebSphere and Microsoft Outlook
- A real-life case study of how Lotus upgraded its own developerWorks site to Lotus Notes/Domino 7
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: A Short History of Notes and Domino
Chapter 2: New Notes/Domino 7 Features
Chapter 3: Domino Domain Monitoring
Chapter 4: AdminP
Chapter 5: Policy Management
Chapter 6: Smart Upgrade
Chapter 7: Performance Aspects and Additional Standards
Chapter 8: Client Features
Chapter 9: Domino Web Access
Chapter 10: Programming
Chapter 11: Security
Chapter 12: Upgrading to Domino 7
Chapter 13: Domino and the Web
Chapter 14: Directories
Chapter 15: Domino Access for Microsoft Outlook
Chapter 16: Troubleshooting
Chapter 17: Case Study
Appendix A: Tools and References
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
Upgrading to Lotus Notes and Domino 7 does exactly what it says on the cover. You will:
- Get to grips with all of the major new features
- Understand the new Domino Domain Monitoring (DDM), as well as new event monitoring and the automatic diagnostic collection process
- Learn the new server features, including AdminP,new server tasks, and updates to administration tools
- A complete look at policy management, including the new mail policy and enhancements to security and archiving policies
- Work with Smart Upgrade, improve performance, and understand the new and improved features of the Notes/Domino 7 clients
- See how to use the significant enhancements of Domino Web Access 7, and then see how to integrate Domino with the popular and powerful WebSphere Portal, or the ubiquitous Microsoft Outlook
- Comprehensive coverage of DB2, programming and security
- Learn how Notes/Domino 7 uses the various types of Directories for messaging, DNS, data, application directories, and more, and what new features Lotus has packed into the latest release
- A chapter on troubleshooting, followed by a real life case study of how the developerWorks Lotus site upgraded to Lotus Domino 7
Do you administer a Lotus Notes/Domino system? Do you want to get the most of the new features in the latest Notes/Domino 7.0 release of the software? If you want to introduce these new features to a large business, quickly and efficiently, then this book is for you.
Written by Lotus insiders, the book provides a practical guide to each of the important features and enhancements introduced in Notes/Domino 7. These experienced experts use their own experiences to map out the benefits you could gain, and the dangers you may face, as you implement these features in your business.Written by specific experts, edited and overseen by Lotus content generator Dick McCarrick, this book is the definitive guide to all Lotus Notes/Domino 7 upgrading issues.
Lotus Notes/Domino version 7 is the latest version of Lotus' complete client-server email and collaboration solution.
Notes/Domino 7 of this proven suite of products delivers many useful new features that promise to improve effectiveness in all areas of business. But as with all upgrades, there will be time and work involved in getting these new features really working for the benefit of your business.
A complete guide to the most powerful new features and changes of the new release of Lotus Notes/Domino.
Read chapter 3 from Upgrading to Lotus Notes and Domino 7: Domino Domain Monitoring (PDF - 736KB)
Established Lotus experts provide you with a systematic tour of the essential new Lotus features, and how to get maximum use from them.
Who this book is for
Administrators and developers working with any version of Lotus Notes/Domino, and needing the low-down on how to successfully make the most of the 7.0 upgrade.
Another benefit is you can use this book to help you pass the 190-702 Update exam. This book covers the important exam topics.