|Also available on:|
- Build dynamic and powerful TYPO3 templates using TypoScript, TemplaVoila, and other core technologies.
- Customize dynamic menus, logos, and headers using tricks you won’t find in the official documentation.
- Build content elements and template extensions to overhaul and improve TYPO3’s default back-end editing experience.
- Follow along with the step-by-step instructions to build a site from scratch using all the lessons in the book in a practical example.
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 328 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : November 2010
ISBN : 1847198406
ISBN 13 : 9781847198402
Author(s) : Jeremy Greenawalt
Topics and Technologies : All Books, CMS and eCommerce, Content Management (CMS), Open Source, PHP
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Started
Chapter 2: Enhancing your Template with CSS
Chapter 3: Adding Custom Template Fields
Chapter 4: Creating Flexible Menus
Chapter 5: Creating Multiple Templates
Chapter 6: Creating a Template from Scratch
Chapter 7: Customizing the Backend Editing
Chapter 8: Working with Flexible Content Elements
Chapter 9: Creating a Mobile Website
Chapter 10: Going International
Chapter 11: Building Websites with the TemplaVoila Framework
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 7 submitted: last submission 27 Nov 2013
Errata Type:Grammar Page No:71
then, instead of than [making a beautiful menu.] End of second paragraph. Its a small error, I know...thought I'd let you know anyhow.
Errata Type:typo Page No: 76
Second paragraph: Like maxItems above, being has inheritance. It should be: Like maxItems above, begin has inheritance.
Errata type: Typo | Page number: 149 | Errata date: 29 Aug 2011
Buttet item 7: "Map the News element to the div with the news_item class" should be "Map the News element to the div with the news_list class"
Errata type: Language | Page number: 78
Like allWrap and and linkWrap, this is used to ...,should be Like allWrap and linkWrap, this is used to ..
Errata type: Language | Page number: 89
line 6 ... with ImageMagick then others, ... should be: ... with ImageMagick than others, ...
Errata type: Language | Page number: 92
lib.subMenu.wrap = <id="submenu-area" style="margin-left: 0px">|</ul>
lib.subMenu.wrap = <ul id="submenu-area" style="margin-left: 0px">|</ul>
Errata type: Typo | Page number: 97
line 5: "properties, than it will simply ..."
"properties, then it will simply ..."
What you will learn from this book
- Learn TemplaVoila and how it can be modified to by more dynamic
- Add dynamic banners and logos to an existing template design
- Create custom menus using multiple approaches and techniques
- Create multiple templates without repeating yourself
- Customize the back-end editing experience for specific templates
- Add multiple columns and special formatting with flexible content elements
- Create powerful content elements with variables and intelligent formatting
- Learn about the future of TYPO3 templates with static data structures and other advanced techniques
- Add browser testing and conditional logic to simple templates
- Add internationalization and localization to your websites
The template systems in TYPO3 make it one of the most powerful content management systems available today, but they seem too complex for many users. Site developers who are able to learn how to use them efficiently can build more extensible sites quicker and more customized for their users.
This book is a step-by-step guide for building and customizing templates in TYPO3 using the best solutions
available. It takes the readers through one complete example to create a fully functional demonstration site using TypoScript, TemplaVoila, and other core TYPO3 technologies.
A step-by-step guide to creating and modifying templates with TypoScript and TemplaVoila
This book uses a clear, conversational style to teach everything from the simple to the complex in an easy-to-read narrative. The entire book goes through one complete example project to build a company website, and each chapter adds functionality to the final product as the readers learns about the concepts. Every concept and technique is reinforced with working example code, and illustrations and screenshots are used to explain even further when necessary.
Who this book is for
If you are a developer, designer, or a site builder who wants to get the most out of TYPO3 whether you are building multiple websites for clients or optimizing their company’s site then this book is for you.
It is written for new or experienced users at all levels, but some basic experience with TYPO3 editing and
installation is expected.