TYPO3 4.2 E-Commerce
|Also available on:|
- Run your business like a pro and earn good profits in your online shop by harnessing all the features of TYPO 3
- Create an eaffaaective search system for productive navigation of your site
- Incorporate smart payment and delivery modules
- Packed with expert guidance on all aspects of building a lucrative online shop
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: TYPO3 Installation and Extension Selection
Chapter 2: Template Configuration
Chapter 3: Singularity of TYPO3 E-Commerce Plugins
Chapter 4: Catalogue—Setting Up Online Shop Requirements
Chapter 5: Shop Users—Profiles for Unregistered and Registered Users
Chapter 6: Navigation Inside the Online Shop and Content Search
Chapter 7: Ordering Organization—Modules of Payment and Delivery
Chapter 8: Administrative Interface in TYPO3
Chapter 9: Online Shop SEO Development
Chapter 10: Managing and Marketing Your Site
Although the book title implies the book is written for TYPO3 version 4.2 (which is deprecated now), the content applies equally well for the most recent version of TYPO3 4.4 and this book is aimed at small, DIY business owners, trying their foot in e-commerce.
This book serves its purpose quite well, is very easy to read and it's size doesn't make you think you'll need months to get a shop up and running. There are lots of small bits of information that I wasn't aware of and configuration options for TYPO3 that should be used. Overall I think the book is quite good.
What you will learn from this book
- Build a smartly designed site effortlessly and take your business online with TYPO3
- Easily upgrade extensions to newer versions and add payment facilities to your site with e-commerce plugins
- Invite customers by preparing attractive product catalogs
- Enrich your customers' shopping experience by framing a systematic shopping process
- Develop good customer relations by maintaining user profiles and purchase history
- Provide safe payment and product delivery by configuring add-ins
- Add, edit, and delete records and add flexibility of information handling by using administrative functions
- Improve your site's ranking and get popular in search engine results by using SEO
- Implement various designs for your TYPO3 CMS using template configuration
- Bring magnificent sales, not just traffic to your website, by effective keyword selection
- Effectively manage and market your site with creative shop content views, discount campaigns, and other activities
The popularity of online shopping has increased drastically over the past few years. TYPO3 is fully equipped to meet all the challenges of modern electronic commerce. TYPO3 can be enlarged afrom a pure content-based online catalog to a fully-grown shop system with a variety of extensions.
It may be easy to plan a website but when it comes to implementing the design and developing a successful e-commerce site, you might come across a lot of difficulties.
This book teaches all the aspects of quickly setting up a feature-packed, easy-to-build e-commerce site—from basic installation and configuration of TYPO3 through adding features step-by-step to an example website. It demonstrates the setting up of an online TYPO3 e-commerce site from scratch and walks you through lucrative tips on attracting customers and maximizing profit.
This book takes you through the creation of an appealing online shop in steps. It starts with the basics of TYPO3 and TYPO3 installation and shows how to use its standard features to begin construction of an online shop. It will help you improve the selling interface and handling of orders with new modules and other customizations. It discusses various template configurations and plugins. You will learn how to build attractive product catalogs, profiles for registered and unregistered users, and online shop SEO. You will also learn to provide effective search facilities for systematic navigation of your site. Further, various modules for payment and delivery will be discussed. Finally, you will learn how to manage and market your site.
A step-by-step instruction-packed tutorial that teaches you to build a TYPO3 e-commerce website through a practical example
This is a fast-paced tutorial focusing on creating an online store. It walks in detail through development of a sample website, illustrating each step with screenshots and explanation. The cumbersome and time-consuming task of developing and customizing a TYPO3 e-commerce site will be a smooth sail with this book.
Who this book is for
If you want to create a captivating online shop using TYPO3 and optimize your profit, this book is for you. Some knowledge of TYPO3, PHP, and TypoScript is required.