Troux Enterprise Architecture Solutions
|Also available on:|
- Gain valuable insights about the role of Enterprise Architecture in today’s dynamic business environment.
- Learn about the Troux Transformation Platform and how it supports the disciplines of Enterprise Architecture, transformation planning, and project-goal alignment.
- Understand the value of integrating metadata from many sources to deliver new management insights about IT effectiveness
- Identify and create information about business capabilities.
- An illustrative guide packed with loads of screenshots to explain best practices for business and strategic IT alignment.
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 248 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : August 2010
ISBN : 1849681201
ISBN 13 : 9781849681209
Author(s) : Richard J. Reese
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Architecture & Analysis, Enterprise
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Managing the IT Portfolio
Chapter 2: Strategic Alignment
Chapter 3: Application Optimization
Chapter 4: IT Governance
Chapter 5: Managing the Function
Chapter 6: Architecture Models
Chapter 7: Transformation Platform Architecture
Chapter 8: Metadata Management
Chapter 9: Visualization
Chapter 10: Troux for TOGAFTM
Chapter 11: Generating Business Value
Chapter 12: Final Thoughts
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Support The Open Group’s TOGAF methodology with an automated product
- Measure the impact of IT solutions on the business.
- Ensure strategic project alignment, application optimization, and IT governance using the Troux's EA Repository
- Communicate complex architectural models that promote understanding, not confusion.
- Utilize metadata to generate measurable value for business as well as IT.
- Use business-capability maps to focus resources on high returning projects.
- Explore the various applications of the Troux Transformation Platform and also learn how the Troux platform is designed.
- Deliver measurable improvements in IT operations by interpreting how an EA Repository works with a Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and Project Portfolio Manager (PPM).
- Understand how Troux’s EA Repository supports The Open Group’s TOGAF methodology.
Is it possible to actually measure the contribution IT makes to business? Are there ways to communicate complex IT topics to business leaders in ways they understand? This unique book uses the Troux Transformation Platform to show IT leaders how to reach their business partners.This book covers how to generate tremendous business value from aligning business strategy with IT strategy. It uses a leading product as the example of applying best practices to produce the aligned business.Best practices are explained in a clear language with a number of graphics.
When IT delivers solutions that are aligned with business goals, real value is created. This book is written in a unique style that uses the Troux Transformation Platform as the hallmark of how to create the aligned business. The book introduces topics spanning IT portfolio management, strategic alignment, application optimization, IT governance, visualization, generating value, and more. Each chapter contains a context of best practices followed by useful examples taken right out of the Troux product. The book also covers topics such as modern architecture modeling and supports the TOGAF methodology with the Troux product. There is even a chapter devoted to the topic of visualization. Most topics are introduced and discussed independently of the underlying product used for the examples. Thus, this book is a must read for anyone interested in business and IT strategic alignment.
A guide of best practices targeting business and strategic IT alignment, use of TOGAFTM, and metric based value generation, all through using the Troux EA Repository.
The book introduces topics in a broad context using a “best practices” model. Then the Troux Transformation Platform is used to provide concrete examples for the concepts. The book reads more like a novel than a manual, but provides insight and background to topics. In addition to clear language, many illustrations and graphics are included to enhance concepts. The book is not intended to be a user manual nor does it take the place of online content best managed by websites.
Who this book is for
This book is for the IT professional interested in using the rich content available in IT management systems to drive business value. Anyone involved in managing IT systems, defining IT architectures, managing IT standards, responsible for Enterprise Architecture, or the Enterprise Program Management Office, will enjoy reading this book. In addition, users of the Troux Transformation Platform or IT professionals implementing the TOGAFTM methodology will find this book a useful reference tool.