|Also available on:|
- Acquire thorough knowledge of the essential features of Three.js, explained using comprehensive examples
- Animate HTML5 elements directly from Three.js using the CSS3 3D renderer
- Visualize information such as sound and open data in beautiful 3D
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 198 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : July 2014
ISBN : 1783980869
ISBN 13 : 9781783980864
Author(s) : Jos Dirksen
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Web Development, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Get Up and Running with Three.js
Chapter 2: Creating a 3D World Globe and Visualizing Open Data
Chapter 3: Navigate around a Randomly Generated Maze
Chapter 4: Visualizing Audio Data with a Particle System
Chapter 5: Programmatic Geometries
Chapter 6: Combining HTML and Three.js with CSS3DRenderer
Chapter 7: Loading and Animating External Models Using Blender
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Create standard skeletons and animation loops for Three.js projects that support WebGL and CSS3 3D
- Use textures and materials to their fullest to enhance rendering of an object
- Apply different types of lighting using the different light sources available
- Animate geometries, particle systems, and HTML5 elements with Three.js and Tween.js
- Create procedural and random geometries from scratch
- Load geometries from external sources and work with Blender as a 3D modeling tool
- Work with particle systems for advanced visualizations
Create beautiful visualizations and 3D scenes using Three.js with this practical, example-rich book. Learn all the core concepts of Three.js, and whether you are targeting mobile devices or desktop browsers, you will gain the necessary skills to build a 3D application and improve web performance.
From setting up a development environment and creating your first Three.js scene, you will quickly dive into more complex scene-making. Discover a variety of possible scenes from how to make a rotating planet with data overlay to mini games. Through these examples, you will be shown an array of skills from using materials, controls, and lighting to creating particle systems and geometries from scratch.
By the end of this book, you'll be able to effectively and confidently create 3D scenes using different lights and materials, create visualizations using particle systems, animate web pages, and incorporate Blender in your 3D workflow.
This book is an easy-to-follow guide that shows the essential parts of Three.js through a set of extensive examples. Through the explanation of these examples, you’ll learn everything you need to know about Three.js.
Who this book is for