Instant Testing with QUnit [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Learn about cross-browser testing with QUnit
- Learn how to use popular QUnit plugins and develop your own plugins
- Hands-on examples on all the essential QUnit methods
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 64 pages
Release Date : August 2013
ISBN : 1783282177
ISBN 13 : 9781783282173
Author(s) : Dmitry Sheiko
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Instant, Open Source
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Testing with QUnit
- Instant Testing with QUnit
- Setting up QUnit (Simple)
- Testing assertions (Simple)
- Writing a custom assertion plugin (Advanced)
- Testing exceptions (Medium)
- Testing asynchronous calls (Medium)
- Organizing test cases (Simple)
- Using a shared setup (Medium)
- Testing user actions (Medium)
- Running QUnit in the console (Advanced)
- Cross-browser-distributed testing (Advanced)
- Building a web project (Advanced)
- QUnit and CI – setting up Jenkins (Advanced)
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Errata- 1 submitted: last submission 12 Nov 2013
Errata type: Code |Page number: 14
assert.eq ual( utils.trim(" .. "), "..", "trims spaces" );
assert.equal( utils.trim(" .. "), "..", "trims spaces" );
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up and start working with QUnit
- Use QUnit assertion methods, exception handlers, test grouping functions, and shared setup
- Test user actions and synchronous calls
- Run QUnit tests in a console
- Run automated cross-browser tests with QUnit and Bunyip
- Include QUnit tests in Apache Ant build script
- Set up Jenkins and run QUnit tests
"Instant Testing with QUnit" is a hands-on guide that will help you achieve beneficial automated testing with QUnit and its plugins. This book also shows you how to engage QUnit for automated cross-browser testing and utilize it in conjunction with development automation and Continuous Integration tools.
"Instant Testing with QUnit" provides a comprehensive look into QUnit essentials and shows how you can benefit from the framework in conjunction with other tools. You will start by considering QUnit fundamentals before learning how QUnit can be used for functional testing and cross-browser automated testing with the Bunyip tool. You will also walk through a tutorial on popular QUnit plugins and then write one of your own. By the end of Instant Testing with QUnit, you will have learned how to run QUnit in the command line and how to set up the Jenkins CI server and make it perform QUnit tests.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. A concise guide full of step-by-step recipes to teach you how to perform automated testing using QUnit.
Who this book is for