Instant Testing with CasperJS [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Learn how to practice efficient and solid web page testing using CasperJS
- A hands-on guide with step-by-step instructions for running CasperJS tests on Travis-CI and Jenkins
- Covers a large set of standard and advanced use cases
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 70 pages
Release Date : December 2013
ISBN : 1783289430
ISBN 13 : 9781783289431
Author(s) : Éric Bréhault
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Instant, Web Development, Open Source
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Install CasperJS properly on different platforms
- Discover the basic syntax of CasperJS scripts
- Record a live web sequence as a CasperJS script
- Run CasperJS on continuous integration tools like Travis-CI or Jenkins
Instant Testing with CasperJS will teach you how to write efficient and accurate tests for your professional web developments. This practical guide explains the various different CasperJS principles through clear and detailed examples, covering a large set of common use cases. This book will progressively cover everything you need to know from CasperJS basic principles to the most advanced testing practices.
This book starts off by introducing you to the different testing assertions that you can perform with the CasperJS API. We will then move on to cover why bad timing between event triggering can ruin tests and learn strategies to avoid it. Finally, you will learn how to test efficient and complex web interactions like drag and drop, authentication, and file uploading. With Instant Testing with CasperJS, you will be able to set up an advanced and functional test suite for your web development projects quickly and efficiently.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. A concise guide full of step-by-step recipes to teach you how to create CasperJS tests for your web development projects.
Who this book is for