Instant Team Foundation Server 2012 and Project Server 2010 Integration How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Learn to plan and successfully implement your Team Foundation Server and Project Server integration
- Easily install or upgrade your Team Foundation Server extensions for Project Server
- Understand and implement permissions to ensure security
- Easily perform fundamental management of integration
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 54 pages
Release Date : February 2013
ISBN : 1849688540
ISBN 13 : 9781849688543
Author(s) : Gary P. Gauvin
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Enterprise Products and Platforms, Instant, Enterprise
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant Team Foundation Server 2012 and Project Server 2010 Integration How-to
- Instant Team Foundation Server 2012 and Project Server 2010 Integration How-to
- Planning for a successful integration (Must know)
- Installing integration (Must know)
- Configuration of initial permissions (Must know)
- Initial integration configuration (Should know)
- Permissions and security (Must know)
- Managing Project Server integration (Should know)
- Sources of Additional Information
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Plan a successful hassle free integration
- Perform step-by-step integration tasks
- Initiate the integration right the first time with the correct permissions
- Set up your environment quickly without it taking days
- Evade integration hang ups that frequently catch the uninformed
- Learn basic management of the integration
- Determine if the integration is working properly
- Become competent at commanding critical syntax and examples
Developers and project managers managing large software development projects often find themselves at odds during the course of a project. This usually ends with the developers feeling they are wasting time sending status updates, and the project managers feeling that they aren’t getting all the information they need to satisfy stakeholders. It doesn't have to be that way!
Instant Team Foundation Server 2012 and Project Server 2010 Integration How-to, is a practical format that walks you through what you need to know to get two of Microsoft’s most popular products for managing team productivity integrated. We boil down the complex parts to deliver just what you need to know to get started today.
The book takes you through the planning, setup, and configuration of Team Foundation Server Extensions for Project Server. Step-by-step instructions are provided with enough detail to get you started without burdening you with a ton of background information.
Learn the basics of how to manage the integration as well as a few helpful tips on establishing a test environment, and the basics of how to integrate these server-based technologies.
You will learn everything you need to know to get started with planning, installing, and managing the integration.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Get the job done and learn as you go. A how-To book with practical recipes accompanied with rich screenshots for easy comprehension.The How-to style is a very practical book which will take the reader through the process of garnering a basic understanding of TFS and Project Server with practical tutorials and recipes.
Who this book is for
This book is for users who want to integrate TFS 2012 and Project Server 2010. Readers are expected to know some basic Windows Server commands and account management, and have administrative access to the servers being configured.