Instant StyleCop Code Analysis How-to [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Create your own custom rule for the Stylecop engine
- Check and maintain a C# coding style over your projects
- Personalize Microsoft rules to fit your needs
- Embed Stylecop analysis in your own tools
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 56 pages
Release Date : May 2013
ISBN : 1782169547
ISBN 13 : 9781782169543
Author(s) : Franck Leveque
Topics and Technologies :
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant StyleCop Code Analysis How-to
- Instant StyleCop Code Analysis How-to
- Installing StyleCop with Visual Studio (Simple)
- Understanding the Resharper add-in (Simple)
- Automating StyleCop using MSBuild (Simple)
- Automating StyleCop using a command-line batch (Simple)
- Automating StyleCop using NAnt (Intermediate)
- Integrating StyleCop analysis results in Jenkins/Hudson (Intermediate)
- Customizing file headers (Simple)
- Creating custom rules (Intermediate)
- Integrating StyleCop in your own tool (Advanced)
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Install Stylecop and use it within Visual Studio
- Fix Stylecop rule violations in your project using theResharper plugin
- Integrate Stylecop analysis in Jenkins CI and report its violations
- Customize file headers and use Visual Studio templates and snippets to avoid Stylecop violations
- Create your own custom rule for the Stylecop engine and how to include some user parameters in it
- Embed Stylecop with your own tools
- Automate Stylecop analysis using MSbuild
- Automate Stylecop analysis using the command line
- Automate Stylecop analysis using Nant
In medium-sized and big projects, coding conventions are defined in order to improve readability and maintainability for all the developers of the team. Stylecop analyzes your code and detects coding rule violations during all the phases of your project lifecycle.
Instant StyleCop Code Analysis How-to allows you to take advantage of the features of Stylecop by guiding you through how to configure it, how to integrate it in your project environment, and finally how to personalize it in order to fit your needs.
Instant StyleCop Code Analysis How-to teaches you how to configure and integrate Stylecop in your programming environment. The book will do this by showing you how to configure Stylecop on the developers IDE to the continuous integration server.
You will also learn how to customize Stylecop to fit your coding style by creating new rules as well as learning how to personalize your headers file. You will also see how to embed it in your own tools, using as an example the creation of a real time analysis add-on for Monodevelop.
With Instant StyleCop Code Analysis How-to, you will have an overview of all the required steps to successfully integrate your programming team and enforce your own coding rules.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks.The book will take a how-to approach, focusing on recipes that demonstrate StyleCop code analysis.
Who this book is for
Instant StyleCop Code Analysis How-to is intended for developers and project managers who are looking for an all-encompassing overview of Stylecop to display or enforce their specific coding conventions. It is assumed that you have a minimal understanding of integration technologies such as MSBuild and Nant. You should also have some knowledge on how to program in C# and LINQ. An available version of Visual Studio 2008 professional or superior is also required to follow the first chapters of this book.