Instant SQL Server Analysis Services 2012 Cube Security [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Get to know what’s new in BI space
- Learn about tools & tricks to secure the data layers
- Implement best practices for Security administration
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 68 pages
Release Date : July 2013
ISBN : 1849688702
ISBN 13 : 9781849688703
Author(s) : Satya SK Jayanty
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Enterprise Products and Platforms, Instant, Enterprise, Microsoft SQL Server
Table of ContentsPreface
Instant SQL Server Analysis Services 2012 Cube Security
- Instant SQL Server Analysis Services 2012 Cube Security
- Designing and creating security roles in an OLAP database (Intermediate)
- Creating security roles (Intermediate)
- Defining dimension access privileges (Advanced)
- Managing role-based security – database to cube level (Advanced)
- Managing role-based security – dimension to cell level (Advanced)
- Accessing restrictions on dimensions and defining default members – full and partial (Intermediate)
- Securing data at the cell level (Intermediate)
- Preventing read/access to cell data (Intermediate)
- Managing user-access privileges on a cube (Advanced)
- Managing security roles for processing (Intermediate)
- Data source and access control on cubes (Advanced)
- Building a secure BI platform – the journey from SQL Server 2008 R2 to 2012 (Intermediate)
- Securing key points in SSAS (Advanced)
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Explore security architecture on BI semantics
- Implement security
- Use SQL Server tools to implement security methods
- Grant user access privileges from Cube level to Cell level
- Manage security for different roles
- Control access and data sources on cubes
SQL Server 2012 includes BI-specific features such as cube analytics, reporting-related features, multidimensional BI semantic models, and many more. This is a new addition that is of great use to Business Analysts, who can now build BI semantic models using the relational tables from the database engine rather than the dimensions from analysis services.
Instant Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services 2012 Cube Security is a practical, hands-on guide that provides clear, step-by-step recipes for getting started with cube security. As a Database Administrator and Data Architect, data security is of prime concern, and this book highlights the key concepts of securing cubes. By the end of this book, you will understand the SQL Server security model and how to effectively implement the same on the data platform.
Security is paramount within a data platform, and thankfully, the issues surrounding data access can be fixed in the initial stages of its design. This allows you to avoid any breach of data access layers. The recipes in this book consist of the required ingredients to implement and administer OLAP & BI security management for your cubes. With this book, you will master the key aspects of implementing and managing security essentials and securing data layers.
The recipes in this book incorporate best practice implementation, which include step-by-step instructions for creating models that implement security based on the currently logged on Windows user name or based on custom data passed to analysis services. The new BI platform features will help end users, business users, and technology users by providing a robust environment for IT, planning, budgeting, forecasting with scorecards, and reporting capabilities for the business users. These analytics will help end users to create a comprehensive management application to view the data with ease.
Filled with practical, step-by-step instructions and clear explanations for the most important and useful tasks. Instant Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services 2012 Cube Security is a practical, hands-on guide that provides a number of clear, step-by-step exercises for getting started with cube security.
Who this book is for
This book is aimed at Database Administrators, Data Architects, and Systems Administrators who are managing the SQL Server data platform. It is also beneficial for analysis services developers who already have some experience with the technology, but who want to go into more detail on advanced topics and learn best practices for cube design.