Instant Simple Botting with PHP [Instant]
|Print & eBook also available on:|
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Learn how to design bots for specific projects
- Develop an HTTP package for executing requests and handling HTTP responses
- Create a web bot and learn how use the bot as an object
- Build document objects that easily search and use data harvested by bots
- hvDiscuss and develop some important bot features like data parsing, bot tracing, storing data, and more
Book DetailsLanguage : English
eBook : 62 pages
Release Date : September 2013
ISBN : 1782169296
ISBN 13 : 9781782169291
Author(s) : Shay Michael Anderson
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Application Development, Game Development, Instant, Open Source
Table of ContentsInstant Simple Botting with PHP
- Instant Simple Botting with PHP
- So, what is Simple Botting with PHP?
- HTTP request types
- Simple is smarter
- Code example expectations
- Step 1 – setting the development environment
- PHP error reporting
- Step 2 – command-line applications
- And that's it
- Quick start – developing a bot
- Step 1 – HTTP request classes
- Step 2 – the HTTP response class
- Why use objects?
- Step 3 – using bootstrap files
- Step 4 – creating our first bot, WebBot
- Step 5 – the WebBot class
- Step 6 – the WebBot Document class
- Step 7 – the WebBot bootstrap file
- Step 8 – the WebBot execution
- Step 9 – the WebBot results
- Top 5 features you need to know about
- Bot tracing and debug logging
- Parsing bot data
- Storing data
- Bot stealth
- Other advanced features
- People and places you should get to know
- Helpful sites
- A warning about using bots
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
Sorry, there are currently no downloads available for this title.
What you will learn from this book
- Discover how to send HTTP requests, and how to handle the responses and response codes
- Build a basic web bot capable of harvesting data
- Develop and use document objects for web bot usage
- Find values or regular expression patterns in bot data
- Store data gathered by your bots
- Improve debugging by adding bot tracing
- Add advanced data parsing methods to your bot document class
- Learn how to add stealth to your bots
- Find out more about developing spider bots
Bots can be used effortlessly to execute projects and tasks that will save time and funds. Bots are powerful tools that should be in every knowledgeable programmer’s toolbox. Developing and integrating bots into your programs may be easier than expected. They simply perform the tasks that they were designed to complete, which makes them the perfect solution for many task requirements.
Instant Simple Botting with PHP is an easy-to-read book that will give you the knowledge required to design and develop ready-to-use bots. The book covers useful bot features that can be added to the bots created during the course of the book. Learn how to improve your efficiency as a programmer or software system administrator by unleashing the power of bots.
Instant Simple Botting with PHP walks you through HTTP requests and responses, how to build basic bots, how to use objects to make using bots easier, and how to parse and utilize data retrieved by bots.
This book will also teach you how to plan ahead when designing bots, what types of methods can be helpful when developing bots, and various objects that can be used with bots, like document objects. You will also learn about bot stealth, which is an important aspect of any bot that is designed to complete bulky tasks, such as spider crawling thousands of pages of a website.
After reading this book, you should be able to build your own bots, understand the benefits and advantages of using objects to create web robots and bot related objects, and how to parse and use the data your bots gather.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. This book is a hands-on Starter guide that takes the reader from initialization to the coding and implementation of bot apps.
Who this book is for
Instant Simple Botting with PHP targets programmers of all levels who are familiar with common PHP functions and syntax, and who want to learn about bots and how to design and develop bots using objects.