Shopify Application Development
|Also available on:|
- Publish apps in the Shopify App Store and work on Twitter Bootstrap
- Get a jump-off point for additional programming and enhancements using the Ruby on Rails code
- Build both a public and a private app with this step-by-step tutorial
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 106 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : May 2014
ISBN : 1783281057
ISBN 13 : 9781783281053
Author(s) : Michael Larkin
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Open Source
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Started with Shopify
Chapter 2: Setting Up
Chapter 3: Building a Private App
Chapter 4: Going Public
Chapter 5: App Billing and Publication
Download the code and support files for this book.
Please let us know if you have found any errors not listed on this list by completing our errata submission form. Our editors will check them and add them to this list. Thank you.
What you will learn from this book
- Create your own multitenant app using Ruby on Rails and deploy it to Heroku
- Use RSpec and FactoryGirl for TDD
- Ensure functional and targeted code using iterative development
- Implement responsive design using Twitter Bootstrap
- Request and process Shopify API access requests
- Subscribe, verify, and respond to Shopify Webhooks
- Publish your app to the Shopify App Store
Shopify is an e-commerce website platform that allows merchants to create and run their own online store. The Shopify App Store is a collection of apps that extend the capabilities of online stores and is a perfect place to earn recurring revenue.
Shopify Application Development will teach you to build Shopify apps using Ruby on Rails, deploy them to Heroku, and publish them in the Shopify App Store. Additionally, you will learn how to receive recurring revenue via the Shopify Billing API.
This is an easy-to-follow manual that will guide you through the entire process of application development with Shopify. This book focuses on building and launching a single application using best practices such as Test-Driven Development (TDD), agile methodologies, and iterative development from start to finish.
This is an easy-to follow manual that will guide you through the entire process of application development with Shopify, beginning with the installation and configuration of your local development environment for your app to the deployment of the app to Heroku.
Who this book is for
If you are a web developer or a designer who wants to extend Shopify stores by building apps, then this book is for you. A basic understanding of programming concepts and some familiarity with Shopify is all that is required to get started with Shopify app development.