SharePoint Designer Tutorial: Working with SharePoint Websites
|Also available on:|
- Become comfortable in the SharePoint Designer environment
- Learn about SharePoint Designer features as you create a SharePoint website
- Step-by-step instructions and careful explanations
Book DetailsLanguage : English
Paperback : 188 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : July 2008
ISBN : 1847194427
ISBN 13 : 9781847194428
Author(s) : Mike Poole
Topics and Technologies : All Books, Enterprise Products and Platforms, Microsoft Servers, Enterprise, Microsoft, Microsoft SharePoint, Web Development
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction to SharePoint
Chapter 2: SharePoint Designer and its Environment
Chapter 3: Adding Content and Tables
Chapter 4: Formatting Pages
Chapter 5: Collaborating with Other Contributors
Chapter 6: Collecting Data
Chapter 7: Displaying Data
Chapter 8: Adding Web Parts
Chapter 9: Using ASP.NET Controls
Chapter 10: Integrating with Exchange
Chapter 11: Search Tools
Download the code and support files for this book.
What you will learn from this book
- Installing SharePoint Designer and connecting it to an existing SharePoint installation
- Finding your way round the SharePoint Designer environment
- Creating a SharePoint site, adding basic content, and publishing your page to SharePoint server
- Formatting your pages with Cascading Style Sheets and Master Pages
- Allow collaboration between different content creators
- Use workflow features to manage the publication of submitted content
- Creating forms that allow users to edit, add, and delete records in data stores
- Adding Web Parts to your site for calendar and schedule, charting, graphing, and data entry, search
- Implementing ASP.NET controls in your pages
- Embedding Exchange data into your applications
- Adding search forms and result lists to your pages, and using search Web Parts
SharePoint is a web-based collaboration and document management platform from Microsoft. Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer (SPD) is a WYSIWYG HTML editor and web design program, which has replaced FrontPage, and is the ideal environment for working with pages on a SharePoint site.
This book is ideal for people new to SharePoint Designer who need to put together a working SharePoint site as quickly as possible. If you who want to get started, and finished, as quickly as possible, this book is for you. You won't just learn how to use SharePoint Designer; you'll see how to use it to put together a SharePoint site.
This book will introduce you to the SharePoint Designer environment, and lead you through the key features as you complete important SharePoint customization activities. Throughout the book, you will be developing an example site for a wine business, and you will see what help SharePoint Designer offers, and step through clear instructions to get things done.
The book begins by familiarizing you with the Designer environment and helping you to connect to your SharePoint site. You will then learn how to add and format content, and use SharePoint's workflow tools to collaborate with other content creators before learning how to connect to different SharePoint data sources.
You will also learn to use ASP.NET Web Parts in your SharePoint site to create calendars, graphs, integrate with Exchange Server, and add powerful search tools to your site.
Get started with SharePoint Designer and learn to put together a business website with SharePoint.
This book takes you through the development of a SharePoint site for a wine business. The development involves adding features to the site using SharePoint Designer, and for each of these features you will find screenshots and easy to follow instructions.
Who this book is for
This book is ideal for people new to SharePoint Designer who need to put together a working SharePoint site as quickly as possible.
No experience of SharePoint Designer is expected, and no skill with creating SharePoint sites is assumed.